Executive Assistant, Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science
The Daniel Felix Ritchie School of Engineering and Computer Science at the University of Denver is creating the future of technology by providing an education emphasizing cross-disciplinary knowledge. Faculty members are creating multidisciplinary education and research programs which anticipate technological trends in research and industry. Students conduct leading edge research which combines traditional engineering and computer science with emerging disciplines to create unique solutions to old and new problems and opportunities.
This position reports directly to the Dean and provides senior level executive support to the Dean, Senior Associate Dean and other senior personnel on the Deans staff. The incumbent will use independent thinking/decision making in the vast majority of these job functions.
Direct Assistance to the Dean
- Maintains the Dean's calendar and sets up meetings for the Dean.
- Serves as the first point of contact for the Ritchie School with senior individuals on campus, in the Colorado community, and globally.
- Functions as liaison between the Dean's office and other divisions of the University, as well as industry contacts, sponsors, parents, faculty, students and campus visitors.
- Processes registrations for various conferences, symposiums, meetings.
- Coordinates the Dean's travel, i.e., air travel reservations, hotel reservations, car service or rental. Provides trip folders for travel including hotel, car, maps, and registration information.
- Processes the Dean's expense reimbursement forms.
- Processes the Dean's purchasing card expenditures.
Deans Office Administrative Operations
- Manages the smooth operation of the Ritchie School Dean's office independently. This includes the Dean's office building maintenance needs and day-to-day operations (conference room, kitchen, parking spaces).
- Maintains deep knowledge of university policies and procedures.
- Prepares and maintains personnel files for Ritchie School faculty and staff, including promotion and tenure files, sabbatical requests, research proposals, university traves and other confidential matters relating to Ritchie School personnel.
- Associate's degree.
- 3-5 years of prior office experience.
- Demonstrated proficiency in professional written and oral communication.
- Bachelor's degree.
- Extensive calendaring experience.
- Experience in providing support at the executive level.
- Higher education experience.
- Experience with Salesforce.
- Experience with student information systems, preferably Banner.
- Experience with basic AV/projection set-up; ability to troubleshoot AV and technology issues independently and in conjunction with IT staff.
- Ability to create professional quality presentations using Microsoft PowerPoint.
Monday - Friday, 8:00 am - 4:30 pm with some evenings and weekends.
For best consideration, please submit your application materials by 4:00 p.m. (MST) on Monday, April 26th, 2021.
Candidates must apply online through jobs.du.edu to be considered. Only applications submitted online will be accepted.
Salary Grade Number
The salary grade for the position is 9.
The salary range for this position is $62,000 - $70,000.
The University of Denver has provided a compensation range that represents its good faith estimate of what the University may pay for the position at the time of posting. The University may ultimately pay more or less than the posted compensation range. The salary offered to the selected candidate will be determined based on factors such as the qualifications of the selected candidate, departmental budget availability, internal salary equity considerations, and available market information, but not based on a candidates sex or any other protected status.
The University of Denver offers excellent benefits, including medical, dental, retirement, paid time off, tuition benefit and ECO pass. The University of Denver is a private institution that empowers students who want to make a difference. Learn more about the University of Denver.
Please include the following documents with your application:
2. Cover Letter
The University of Denver is committed to enhancing the diversity of its faculty and staff. We are an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment regardless of age, race, color, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, disability, military/ veteran status or any other status protected by law.
All offers of employment are based upon satisfactory completion of a criminal history background check.