Student Administrative Assistant - Office of the President
Job location: BYU–Hawaii
Employment Type: Part-time
Posted data: 2021-04-09
If you currently have a job on campus, please use the internal job board.NOTE: You can only have 5 open student applications at a time.
Provide direct support to the Executive Assistant to the University President. Handles routine advanced duties Follows specific instructions in performing clerical and other work using established routines. Applies limited analysis and problem solving in performing job duties.
- Assists the Executive Assistant with administrative and other responsibilities for the President of the University.
- Office filing/organization.
- Making travel arrangements.
- Handles correspondence, mailing, courier.
- Managing/participating in various projects such as: Conference planning, graduation and other student leadership opportunities.
- Confidentiality both in and out of the office is of utmost importance .
- Answers phones and greets visitors resolve routine questions or issues following established procedures and guidelines.
- Proficiency in using Microsoft Office, and Cloud Computing resources preferred.
- Uses office machines such as copiers, scanners, and desktop computers.
- This position may also include childcare/tutoring:
- Manage childcare responsibilities including babysitting, helping children with homework, transport to and from school.
- Assist with household chores such as laundry, tidying, and light cleaning.
- Transport family members (including children) to and from various locations.
- Run errands for Sister Kauwe like grocery shopping.
- Assist in kitchen duties, particularly, but not exclusively, for hosting guests.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Valid US Driver’s license required
3 Months of General Work Experience
Typical office environment