Simulation Center Operations Coordinator
Job no: 495582
Work type: Non-Classified/Professional
Location: Boise, ID
Boise State University, powered by creativity and innovation, stands uniquely positioned in the Northwest as a metropolitan research university of distinction. Learn more about Boise State and the City of Boise at https://www.boisestate.edu/about/boise-and-beyond/. Boise State University is committed to increasing the diversity of its faculty, staff, students, and academic program offerings and to strengthening sensitivity to diversity throughout the institution. Boise State University is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer, and members of historically underrepresented groups are especially encouraged to apply. We are a welcoming campus that supports diversity and inclusion.
This position supports the educational experience of learners in the School of Nursing, the College of Health Sciences, and community partners that utilize the available learning resources. The person in this position will apply creativity and innovation to complex challenges. The Simulation Operations Coordinator must think critically, identify challenges, and take action to resolve issues in a fast paced environment. If this sounds like you, apply here!Job Summary/Basic Function:
This position is responsible for coordinating operational aspects of the College of Health Sciences (COHS) Simulation Center and provides staff management and expertise in simulation operations.Level Scope:
Provides direct supervision typically to professionals or skilled technical employees at the entry or intermediate level. Functions as advisor to unit and administration and sets goals and objectives for team members for achievement of operational results. Analyzes and resolves problems through drawing from prior experiences. Interprets policies (e.g., fiscal management, HR, contracts and grants, resource management in defined areas) and demonstrates solid subject matter knowledge. Exercises judgment within defined procedures and policies to determine appropriate action. Supervises staff to assure accountability and stewardship of campus resources (operational, financial, and human) in compliance with departmental goals and objectivesEssential Functions:
60% of the time the Simulation Center Operations Coordinator must:
- Supervises, develops and evaluates simulation center staff.
- Continually works to refine processes to create an environment that supports teaching and learning, and assures smooth daily operations.
- Develops and implements workflow processes for the simulation program.
- Conducts budget forecasting and tracking of expenditures with oversight by administration.
- Maintains current knowledge of cutting edge simulation methodologies and technologies and shares these practices.
- Responsible for the Standardized Patient Program to include the preparation of script materials, orientation planning, and other onsite preparations.
- Provide tours of simulation center to educators, donors, potential students/families, and the community.
- Oversees technology and purchasing of equipment, and capital purchasing, used in the simulation program.
35% of the time the Simulation Center Operations Coordinator must:
- Facilitates processes by which simulation faculty and staff develop and pilot simulation scenarios.
- Creates and manages scheduling of undergraduate nursing, AGNP, and COHS programs use of the simulation center and learning labs to include rooms, standardized patients, simulation facilitators, simulation specialists and equipment.
- Manages and edits center policies and procedures as appropriate.
- Oversees quality control program for the simulation centers; providing feedback to faculty and staff. Maintains quality control data/records for accreditation.
- Participates in SON staff, simulation staff, simulation executive team and at-large simulation team meetings.
- Participates in Society for Simulation in Healthcare (SSH) accreditation process to include coordinating submission of materials and participation in onsite visits.
- Conducts invoicing for COHS use of simulation center and practice labs.
- Provides expertise to outside entities/community partners on simulation operations.
- Approves Pcard expenses, timecards, and requests for time off.
- Participates in the setup/cleanup and facilitation of simulations as needed. Serve as an additional simulations operations specialists as needed.
- Reviews simulation scenarios for setup accuracy and feasibility of faculty requests.
- Serves as resource for simulation specialists on questions of technology, setup, and simulation best practices.
- Responsible for coordinating biennial National League for Nursing simulation conference and other planned workshops/conferences.
- Work with the SON and university marketing department to develop simulation center related materials and videos.
- Contact and participant for specials projects such as dual enrollment tours, fundraising events, BroncoDay, etc…
5% Duties as AssignedKnowledge, Skills, Abilities:
- Ability to communicate with a diverse group of faculty, staff and community members
- Detail oriented and articulate
- Ability to think critically, identify challenges, and take action to resolve issues in a fast paced environment
- Effective interpersonal and technical communication skills enabling the person in this position to work with a wide range of students, faculty, staff and other professionals.
- Effective management skills enabling task prioritization, time usage, and multi-tasking.
- Bachelor’s or equivalent level of professional experience
- Healthcare related experience minimum 2 years
- Computer skills to include Office Suite
- Master’s Degree
- 2 years simulation experience
- CHSE or CHSOS
- Knowledge of simulation methodologies
- Knowledge of human patient simulators and data capture systems
- Educational design/educational technology expertise
- Knowledge of supervision of others
- Registered Nurse
Salary commensurate with experience. Boise State University is committed to offering a benefits package that provides health and financial protection plans as well as resources to promote health and well-being. Our program provides flexibility so you can choose the benefits that are right for you and your family. Learn more about our benefit options at https://hrs.boisestate.edu/benefits/.Required Application Materials:
Please include a resume that includes employment history (including dates) and a cover letter that describes your interest and qualifications for the position. Please also include a list of three professional references and their contact information.
Advertised: April 9, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time
Applications close: May 9, 2021 Mountain Daylight Time