Accounting Clerk I
Accounting Clerk IPosition Number:
$22,510 - $25,809Job Summary/Description:
Performs complex work computing, classifying, recording, and verifying numerical data for use in maintaining accounting records .Processes vendor payments with proper supporting documentation and research procedures. Accesses on-line financial system enters data from purchase voucher and direct payment request.Typical Duties/Job Duties:
1. Accesses on-line financial record system; enters data from purchase vouchers such as vendor codes, bank account number, delivery dates, service dates, payment due dates, item description, and purchase amount; enters data for other types of payments to include but limited to utilities, refunds and direct payment request. Data entry requires attention to detail and promptness.
2. Matches vendor invoices, purchase orders, and receiving documents: checks vendor
invoices to insure they contain accurate information and totals. Ability to interpret
university and state guidelines and apply to payment processing.
3. Codes payment vouchers which include but not limited to bank account, description, commodity
amounts, order date, services date, payment due date, and dollar amount.
4. Contact vendors, department personnel, and others as needed to resolve purchase orders, invoice
and related problems precluding the approval of payment vouchers.
5. Accesses automated accounting system to research status of purchase order, invoices and
6. Prepare and scan documents into departmental imaging system.
7. Prepare journal entries to correct errors in accounting information, as needed.
8. Enters routine financial data into spreadsheets as instructed or as needed for report
9. Communicates with students, parents, staff, vendors, and others in the course of
performing work or coordinating tasks.
10. Answers telephone and provides payment information to vendors and campus community, as
11. Assist in the preparation and scanning of payment documents into imaging system.
12. Performs other duties as assigned.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Experience with accounts payable functions.
• Knowledge of general office procedures and practices; knowledge of spelling, grammar, and punctuation; knowledge of word processing.
• Ability to use various software programs, specifically with Microsoft Office. Ability to reconcile simple financial records, performs mathematical functions, and operates a ten key.
• Ability to multi-task and organize workload. Complete task in a timely and accurate manner; ability to perform work with accuracy and attention to detail.
• Skilled in oral /written communication and interpersonal relations.
• Commitment to customer service.Minimum Qualifications:
High School Diploma or equivalent plus two years’ progressively responsible experience to include bookkeeping or accounting clerical duties.EEO Statement:
Angelo State University is an equal opportunity employer and is committed to promoting and ensuring equal employment opportunity for all individuals without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status. In compliance with the Americans with Disabilities Act (ADA), Angelo State University is committed to providing reasonable accommodations to ensure equal access to employment opportunities for qualified individuals with disabilities. We are committed to ensuring that a qualified individual with a disability has the same rights and privileges in employment as non-disabled employees. If an accommodation is requested for the job application process, please contact our office at (325) 942-2168 or email us at [email protected].Posting Number:
04/09/2021Open Until Filled: