Academic Program Manager
Job DetailsLevel ExperiencedJob Location Oglethorpe University - Atlanta, GAPosition Type Full-Time StaffEducation Level Bachelor'sTravel Percentage NegligibleJob Shift DayJob Category EducationDescription Oglethorpe University seeks a dynamic and influential leader to serve as an Academic Program Manager. Reporting to an inaugural Dean of Student Success and Associate Director of Academic Success, the Academic Program Manager will assist them as they embark on fulfilling the vision and leadership mission of building a new model of student success that is focused on 100%-degree completion and help each student flourish and achieve the institutions motto to Make a Life. Make a Living. Make a Difference.Duties and Responsibilities:
- Provide academic advisement to assigned students within the Compass Program.
- Assist in training and serve as resource for faculty advisors to ensure proper advisement towards degree completion.
- Assist in registration coordination procedures and schedule adjustments for incoming and returning students
- Collaborate in the implementation of the early warning/detection protocols for enrolled students
- Develop and implement programs geared towards academic success for students to include, but not limited to: study skills, time management, etc.
- Assist in the oversight of the Writing and Tutoring program in collaboration with the Associate Director of Academic Success.
- Develop interactive and intentional connections with students and Campus Life partners such as Athletics, Residence Life, etc. to assist with overall student success
- Provide educational guidance and assist students in developing meaningful educational goals that are consistent with personal interests, values and abilities.
- Collaborate with students and faculty in determining appropriate education solutions for different types of students.
- Assist the Associate Director of Academic Success with the Scholarship and Affinity Programs.
- Assists the Associate Director of Academic Success in working with EXCEL Academic Recovery Program students.
- Assist with other duties as needed.
- Bachelor from an accredited institution
- Effective oral and written communication skills
- Knowledge of early detection procedures and processes
- Knowledge of acceptable advising techniques for a diverse student body
- Understanding of Diversity, Equity and Inclusion
- Knowledge of the Microsoft Office Suite
- Experience in supervision of student workers
- Master’s degree from a regionally accredited institution.
- Familiarity with student information systems such as Banner, Colleague
- Knowledge of EAB Navigate Student Success platform
- Significant experience in an educational setting performing student service functions such as academic advising, retention, financial aid, and/or admissions.
- Exceptional, demonstrated skills at all levels of communication, including the ability to communicate openly, honestly, and respectfully with students, colleagues, and community members to facilitate discussion and decision making.
- Letter of interest
- Current CV/ resume
- Names and contact information of 3 references