Speech-Language Pathologist Clin 2 - Adult Acute Care
Job location: Medical Center (Charlottesville, VA)
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-09
The SLP 2 consistently provides effective direct care as part of the interdisciplinary team to a variety of complex patients. In doing so the SLP2 acts as a role model and supervisor for junior staff and helps identify patients who have unmet patient care needs. The SLP 2 seeks and provides feedback for improved clinical practice and with mentoring begins to assume a leadership role.
- Performs evaluations of speech language and swallowing function according to professional standards and departmental guidelines.
- Experience performing MBSS and/or FEES preferred
- Demonstrates knowledge of intervention options and executes a program of skilled speech language pathology intervention.
- Actively participates in professional growth of self and others.
- Actively participates in quality improvement and program development.
- In addition to the above job responsibilities, other duties may be assigned.
Education: Master's Degree in Speech-Language Pathology
Experience: 6 months relevant experience
Licensure: Licensed to practice Speech-Language Pathology from the Virginia Board of Examiners for Audiology and Speech Pathology required. Certificate of Clinical Competence (CCC) is required. American Heart Association (AHA) Health Care Provider BLS certification required.
Proficient communicative, auditory and visual skills; Attention to detail and ability to write legibly; Ability to lift/push/pull 20 – 50lbs. May be exposed to chemicals, humidity, heat, blood/body fluids, infectious disease and dust.
The University of Virginia, including the UVA Health System which represents the UVA Medical Center, Schools of Medicine and Nursing, UVA Physician’s Group and the Claude Moore Health Sciences Library, are fundamentally committed to the diversity of our faculty and staff. We believe diversity is excellence expressing itself through every person's perspectives and lived experiences. We are equal opportunity and affirmative action employers. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender identity or expression, marital status, national or ethnic origin, political affiliation, race, religion, sex (including pregnancy), sexual orientation, veteran status, and family medical or genetic information.