Head Women's Basketball Coach
Head Women's Basketball CoachStatus of Position:
Hourly - Academic YearFLSA:
Non ExemptPosition Summary:
The Head Coach is responsible for implementing, managing and overseeing operations of the Prairie State College basketball program. The Head Coach provides leadership, direction and guidance for the entire program.Reporting Relationship:
Direct reporting relationship to the Director of Athletics. Direct supervisory relationship to the Assistant Basketball Coach. Direct supervisory relationship to student assistants and/or student managers.Essential Responsibilities:
1. Organize and coordinate total program and give support and cooperation to all levels of sports at Prairie State College.
2. Be available to the surrounding communities and feeder high schools to contribute to public relations in a supportive manner.
3. Formulate goals and behavioral objectives for sport season.
4.Remain abreast of current information and innovative ideas and techniques by attending clinics and workshops, and through professional reading.
5. Possess adequate understanding of by-laws and regulations as defined by the NJCAA, including rules and rule changes.
6. Implement proper procedures for the following as defined by NJCAA regulations and the Prairie State College Athletic Department policies:
7. Implement and support departmental and institutional policies and regulations.
8. Demonstrate professionalism in all dealings with student-athletes, parents, staff members, administration, media and the public.
9. Demonstrate a real commitment to the success of student-athletes.
10. Responsible for overseeing all of the program’s fundraising efforts throughout the year.
11. Oversees the recruitment of all potential players inside of the program.
The employee is subject to both indoor and outdoor environmental conditions. The nature of the work requires that the individual possess a tremendous amount of energy and enthusiasm and be willing to do light work which may require lifting up to 20 lbs. of force occasionally. Must be able to operate equipment involving arm and leg controls.Minimum Qualifications:
1. High school diploma or equivalent
2. Previous coaching experience as a head coach or assistant coach in a college/university or high school setting.
3. Ability to assist in recruitment of student-athletes and operate under NJCAA by-laws and regulations.
4. Demonstrated effective interpersonal skills necessary to interface with students, faculty and general public.
5. Experience working with a culturally diverse student population.
6. Must possess a valid driver’s license, as providing transportation to and from contests, via the use of Prairie State College vehicles, is required.
1. Associate degree.
2. Two years head coaching experience at an institution of higher learning.
3. Evidence of organizational abilities to conduct athletic related clinics and workshops.
4. Experience in student enrollment related processes, including recruiting, admissions and financial aid procedures.
04/08/2021Open Until Filled:
YesSpecial Instructions to Applicants:
All applications must be submitted electronically through Prairie State College website.