Senior Coordinator, Faculty Affairs (Oro Valley, AZ)
Vet Med AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Outside of TucsonAddress:
1580 E Hanley Blvd, Oro Valley, AZ 85737-9525 USAPosition Highlights:
The University of Arizona's College of Veterinary Medicine invites applicants for the position of Senior Coordinator, Faculty Affairs. This position will report to the Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs and will be responsible for coordinating and assisting with all faculty related actions in the College of Veterinary Medicine, including faculty searches, appointments, reappointments, sabbaticals, and leaves. This position is responsible for coordinating the Promotion and Tenure process for faculty and will assist with the coordination of annual faculty performance reviews, five-year administrative reviews, faculty awards, and new faculty receptions. The successful candidate will ensure accuracy in all faculty personnel matters and collaborates with the Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs on projects to support the College's Executive Team and strategic initiatives. The Senior Coordinator of Faculty Affairs will be an integral resource for the college community regarding University and state policies and procedures on faculty actions, and will work closely with departments, the Provost's Office, the Vice Provost of Faculty Affairs, and the Senior Vice Provost for Academic Affairs.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
- Manages and coordinates the college promotion and tenure process, sabbatical and leave requests, and the faculty awards nomination process to include communicating deadlines, collection of all dossiers or requests from departments, ensuring completeness of information and verifying eligibility dates.
- Assists CVM Dean in appointing committee members, scheduling and participating in all committee meetings (acting as a resource for policy and procedure questions and as a note taker), coordinating distribution of documentation to committees, and assisting Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs in completing packets and letters for Dean's review.
- Coordinates the five-year administrative review process for the Executive Team and Directors and assists with coordination of the annual faculty performance evaluations and audits.
- Serves as liaison for Senior Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs, including assisting with internal and external stakeholder communications.
- Assists Associate Dean of Faculty Affairs with preparing documents and reports, compiling records, coordinating meetings, organizing and maintaining information, and composing correspondence and other documents.
- Oversees and assists with faculty-related events.
- Gathers, compiles, verifies, analyzes, and prepares information for use in documents such as memos, letters, reports, speeches, and presentations.
- Acts as the primary college resource for inquiries on policies or procedures related to faculty, and acts as liaison between departments and the college and central administration for faculty related actions.
- Serves as the first point of contact for communications and questions from faculty regarding UA Vitae data entry.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 5 years of relevant work experience.
• Prior experience in Higher Education and working with faculty
• Prior experience in Human Resources
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Academic AdministrationBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
9Career Stream and Level:
Academic AffairsJob Function:
Academic AdministrationType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/17/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Sara Saeed, [email protected]Open Date:
4/9/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.