Camp Nurse (Temporary) (Prescott Valley, AZ)
Agric Extension AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
Outside of TucsonAddress:
5200 South Forest Service Road 105, Prescott Valley, AZ 86314 USAPosition Highlights:
This is a full-time temporary Camp Nurse (Nurse II) position. The James 4-H Camp & Outdoor Learning Center is a summer camp for 4-H youth and will be open from May 2021 to August 2021. The primary responsibility for this position is to provide a primary level of care to the James 4-H Camp during the summer season to ensure camper safety. The James 4-H Outdoor Learning Center is a property of the University of Arizona, The James 4-H Camp offers modern facilities that are clean and comfortable. Our 124-bed camp has modern heated cabins with restrooms and shower facilities easily accessible. We offer a spacious dining hall, patio, fire pit and various activity areas for programming and a spacious lawn for play and learning. Additionally, the camp is surround by national forest which provides us with many additional educational spaces from forest to a perennial stream. The Nurse will work at our Camp outside Prescott, AZ. The camp is situated among 55 acres of pine forest. Built in 1950, the James 4-H Camp offers excellent program resources, including a challenge course, hiking trails, archery range and a pond. The camp is within convenient walking distance to Prescott and Prescott National Forest. it is also within 2 hours of the Phoenix area. On site housing facilities during the summer season are available.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, vision, life insurance and disability programs; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
- Provides primary level of care and first-aid.
- Provide for the comfort and well-being of patients by assessing condition, providing treatments and administering prescribed drugs and documenting progress and other observations.
- Follows established nursing processes, including patient assessment, nursing diagnosis, planning, intervention and evaluation.
- Issues can be varied, and involve some evaluation and interpretation. Problems are typically solved through drawing from prior experiences, with analysis of the issue, requiring innovation and creativity.
- General knowledge and use of principles, theories and concepts. Is competent in all job functions and has general understanding of the industry practices, techniques and standards.
- Provides administrative management for health records throughout the Summer.
- Manages purchasing supplies and providing guidance to COVID-19 Mitigation requirements.
- Other duties as assigned to support the overall success of James 4-H Camp.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- RN licensure and graduation from an accredited nursing program required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Health Care and WellnessBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Limited BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Health Care & WellnessType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/3/2021Expected End Date:
8/8/2021Contact Information for Candidates:
Jennifer Gardner Smith
4/9/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.