Coordinator, Program and Development
Ntl Inst for Civil DiscourseDepartment Website Link:
Washington, DC USAPosition Highlights:
The National Institute for Civil Discourse (NICD) at UArizona is seeking applicants for a Coordinator, Program and Development. The Program and Development Coordinator of NICD works with the Executive Director, Deputy Director, and program staff to advance our nationally recognized work to build the nation's capacity to engage differences more constructively. This position will play significant roles in fulfilling NICD's mission, including crucial roles coordinating NICD's programs, development, and operations. In terms of program coordination, the chief responsibilities will be with NICD's CommonSense American program. The more than 25,000 members of this program come from across the country and political spectrum and work with NICD to identify and champion solutions wise enough to attract broad, bipartisan support. CommonSense American program roles will include direct engagement with Members of Congress and their staff.
NICD was established by the University of Arizona in the aftermath of the 2011 Tucson shooting that killed six and injured another 13, including US Representative Gabby Giffords. Founded by honorary co-chairs George H.W. Bush and Bill Clinton, NICD's National Advisory Board is the most impressive bipartisan group of leaders in the nation working to bridge the bitter partisan divide.
This position is located at NICD's offices in the University of Arizona's new DC Center for Outreach and Collaboration at 1301 Pennsylvania Ave NW, Washington, DC. Compensation will be comprised of an annualized base salary of up to $60,000 (DOE) and up to a 16% geographical stipend.
The ideal candidate possesses exceptional skills in data organization, analysis, visualization, and reporting, as well as exceptional technical skills in advanced uses of spreadsheet, word processing, and data visualization software. Competitive candidates should also have a keen interest in, and understanding of, American politics and the US Congress.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and visioninsurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sickleave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee andqualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UArecreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for ourinnovative work-life programs. For more information about working at theUniversity of Arizona and relocations services, please http://talent.arizona.edu clickhere.Duties & Responsibilities:
Duties & Responsibilities:
- CommonSense American program: Coordinate recruitment and engagement of the more than 24,000 members, including supporting execution, reporting and analysis of paid social media recruitment campaigns. Conduct reporting and analysis of results from issues polls with members. Also coordinate outreach and scheduling briefings with Members of Congress and their staff on issue poll results, including, in some cases, conducting the briefings.
- Next Generation program: Support Next Generation staff in coordinating and conducting workshops for state legislatures and annual meetings of national network of state legislators.
- Engaging Differences program: Support Engaging Differences staff in coordinating the production of new video modules, including scheduling and conducting recorded video conference interviews.
- Golden Rule 20/20 program: Support Golden Rule 20/20 staff in coordinating and conducting events such as programs with the Washington National Cathedral.
- Research Network program: Support Research Network staff in coordinating and conducting network convening events.
- Coordinate outreach and scheduling of meetings with potential donors, including foundations and high net worth individuals.
- Track, report, and analyze monthly and annual giving.
- Coordinate and execute thank you letters to donors.
- Coordinate budget tracking and reporting.
- Coordinate and support communications functions, including organic social media, websites, e-newsletters, and media relations.
- Additional duties may be assigned.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
- Exceptional data skills, including data organization, analysis, visualization, and reporting.
- Exceptional technical skills, including the efficient use of Microsoft Word/Google docs (including mail merge), Excel/Google sheets (including building spreadsheet formulas, V-lookups, pivot tables, and charts), PowerPoint, and Outlook/G-mail (including email merge).
- Strong communication skills, including the ability to help write policy briefs that are both accessible to everyday Americans and substantive in articulating the strongest arguments for and against proposed legislation.
- Impeccable attention to detail and organizational skills.
- Highly organized and proficient at leading multiple initiatives at one time.
- Driven, tenacious, organized, and resourceful in the pursuit of extraordinary results.
- Orientation as a team player who understands internal and external stakeholders from a diverse range of backgrounds and political perspectives, treats them with dignity and respect, and delivers excellent service to them.
- Politically savvy and diplomatic.
- Committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion within the organization and the nation.
- Flexible, capable of navigating ambiguity, and succeeding in a fast-paced environment.
- Excellent judgment, integrity, and commitment to personal responsibility and accountability.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through experience required.
Up to 1 year of relevant work experience required.Preferred Qualifications:
- Two or more years of post-college experience.
- Congressional or agency staff, management consulting, policy analysis, or business intelligence experience are all pluses, but not required.
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
University AdvancementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
Up top $60,000 (DOE) annual salary + geographical stipendCompensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Gov, Tribal, & Cmty RelationsJob Function:
University AdvancementType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/9/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.