University of Colorado – School of Education & Human Development
Lecturer –Teacher Education Site Professor
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Job SummaryThe School of Education & Human Development (SEHD) at the University of Colorado Denver (UCD) invites applications for a part-time lecturer faculty position to teach undergraduate and graduate level clinical field experience courses in the role of Site Professor at a Professional Development School (PDS) in the CU Denver PDS Network. A Site Professor serves in a supervisory capacity for teacher candidates who are completing early field experiences (undergraduates) and a year-long series of clinical internships (undergraduates and graduates) as part of their initial teacher preparation at the PDS. The site professor works collaboratively with a school-based site coordinator and practicing clinical teachers to support the development of teacher candidates, teaches a site-based collaborative learning community seminar with the teacher candidates at the school, and collaborates closely with school leadership to support the development of the university partnership at the school including inquiry and renewal of effective urban teaching practice. The Site Professor also serves on the CU Denver Teacher Education Collaborative Council that supports the PDS Network, attends district-level partnership meetings, and supports the admission process for selecting teacher candidates for the program. Job Duties
- Coach and assess the clinical practice development of a cohort of 6-10 teacher candidates enrolled in internships at a single PDS over the course of the 2021-22 academic year. CU Denver has PDS schools in the following districts: Jeffco, Aurora, Denver, and Mapleton.
- Orient candidate cohort to school and build community among candidate cohort
- Plan and facilitate weekly collaborative Learning Community Seminar to candidates at the PDS designed to mediate candidate learning between the field and university coursework and support development of candidate’s skills related to planning, teaching, progress monitoring, reflection, and professional dispositions.
- Support Clinical Teacher/Candidate relationships & provide site specific professional learning to clinical teachers
- Build relationships with the school leadership and practicing teachers to further develop partnership at the school
- Identify strong clinical teachers each semester and facilitate matching with candidates
- Engage in university-level and district level collaborative meetings and professional development
- Participate in admissions selection of new teacher candidates
The salary for this position has been established at a minimum of $4,500 per semester and may increase to a maximum of $6,750 per semester. This amount is adjusted according the number of internship credit hours generated by enrollment of the teacher candidates placed at the PDS site. This will be a semester-by-semester appointment, with the possibility of renewal. This part-time appointment is not eligible for group health, life insurance and retirement benefits.The salary of the finalist(s) selected for this role will be set based on a variety of factors, including but not limited to, internal equity, experience, education, specialty and training.The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.This position is not eligible for overtime compensation. The above salary range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting.The University of Colorado offers a full benefits package. Information on University benefits programs, including eligibility, is located at Employee Services. University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background checks for all new employees prior to their employment. The Immigration Reform and Control Act requires that verification of employment eligibility be documented for all new employees by the end of the third day of work. Alternative formats of this ad are available upon request for persons with disabilities. Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line. Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits.Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensation Diversity and Equity: Please click here for information on disability accommodations: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/human-resources/employee-relations-performance/ada-compliance Office of Equity: https://www1.ucdenver.edu/offices/equity The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.
- At a minimum, an earned master’s degree in education or relevant content area.
- Successful teaching or clinical experience in teaching education, especially in mentoring and coaching teacher candidates and/or new teachers.
- Evidence of significant collaboration skills in working with multiple stakeholders (e.g., district administrators, principals, teachers, etc.).
- Knowledge of culturally and linguistically responsive teaching practices
- Proficient with basic technology (e.g. MS Word, Google documents, spreadsheets) and willingness to learn and utilize various technology platforms used in clinical experience
- Ed.D. or Ph.D. in relevant content area.
- Successful teaching experience in urban and diverse school settings
- Experience teaching at the undergraduate or graduate level.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Apr 9, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing