Office Administrator-Early Settlement Mediation
Position DetailsReq ID:req9175Position Title:Office Administrator-Early Settlement MediationPosition Type:Temporary/SeasonalOSU Campus:Operations VPDepartment:Operations VPLocation Address:
900 N Portland Ave
Oklahoma City, Oklahoma, 73107
United States Hiring Supervisor and Contact Info:Lauren Craig-O’Brien Hiring Range:
(Contingent upon available funding):15.00 - 15.00, Hourly Work Schedule:VariesJob Summary:JOB FUNCTION:
The OfficeAdministrator of the Early Settlement Mediation program works under direct supervisionof the Director to support the operational activities and professional servicecoordination for the OklahomaCounty Early Settlement Mediation program. This position is responsible for staffing theOklahoma County Courthouse (Downtown Oklahoma City). Duties include conducting mediation, sendingout a weekly calendar with small claims mediation opportunities, providingsupervision over volunteer mediators when they mediate, communicating with thejudge’s court staff, logging volunteer mediator hours, and ensure availabilityof required documentation.
This position will be housedin the Early Settlement Mediation office located at the Oklahoma CountyCourthouse in downtown Oklahoma City. ESSENTIALDUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Coordinate mediation services under the direction of the Director.
Develop relationships with community volunteers and organizers.
Develop relationships with judges, staff and attorneys.
Attend training and obtain/maintain certification in basic mediation.
Maintain a month case log for small claims cases to be used for reporting to the State Director of Dispute Resolution and Supervisor, OSU-OKC.
Completes all mandatory.
Performs other duties as assigned.
The duties listed in this job description are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related, or a logical assignment to the position.Special Instructions to ApplicantsResume and cover letter are required for full consideration.Official transcripts will be required upon hire.This is a 15 hour per week, temporary position. Education & ExperiencePosition Qualifications:
High School diplomawith qualified experience or Associates Degree in counseling, public service, justiceand/or equivalent work experience.
- Demonstrated verbal and written communication skills in support of a public program.
1 – 2 years’ experience in professional program support, operational reporting and case management (preferred).
Must have current driver’s license KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS, AND ABILITIES:
- Demonstrated organizational ability and experience in case management.
- Ability to prioritize, resolve routine issues, multi-task, and maintain schedules and deadlines. Ensure any complex issues are brought to the immediate attention to the Director.
- Candidate must be an active listener and possess excellent communication and interpersonal skills.
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior.
- Ability to self-manage and identify areas of need to the Director and complete day-to-day activities.
- Excellent and proven experience working in Microsoft Office suite including Excel.
- Passion for assisting customers and representing the OSU brand with positivity and professionalism
- Evidences a history of demonstrating ethical and professional behavior
- Bachelor’s degree in public service, justice and or workexperience in supporting conflict resolution programs preferred.
- Current student in College of Law.
- Trained as a mediator through the Early Settlement program (preferred).
WORKING CONDITIONS:Must be able to work a flexible schedule to ensure office coverage during volume periods including 8:15 – 11:30 am M-F
Work will be performed in an office environment with a significant amount of public contact, in person, by telephone and via email.
Local travel may be required.
Must have a valid Oklahoma driver’s license and be able to drive to and from various other locations.
PHYSICAL REQUIREMENTS:Must be able to handle high volume of phone calls, emails and in person inquiries.
Duties require extended periods of sitting, talking, listening and computer usage.
Requires possible lifting of up to 25 lbs. (If an object weights more than 45 lbs., OSU-Oklahoma City requires this to be a two-person lift).
The work environment and physical demands described here are representative of those required by an employee to perform the essential functions of this job with or without reasonable accommodations.
#ZROklahoma State University (OSU) strives to provide a safe study, work, and living environment for its faculty, staff, volunteers and students. To support this environment and comply with applicable laws and regulations, OSU conducts pre-employment background checks on final candidates. Offers of employment are contingent upon the successful completion of a background check. The type of background check conducted varies by position and can include, but is not limited to, criminal (felony and misdemeanor) history, sex offender registry, motor vehicle history, financial history, and/or education verification. Background checks will be conducted when required by law or contract and when, in the discretion of the university, it is reasonable and prudent to do so.