HRIS Systems Analyst-Illinois Human Resources (144747)
HRIS Systems Analyst
Illinois Human Resources
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
PRIMARY POSITION FUNCTION/SUMMARY:
Responsible for the technical maintenance, testing, and system support for human resource systems and applications.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Maintain human resource applications for the University’s Urbana campus. Work with vendors regarding system issues, enhances, and upgrades. In conjunction with the HRIS Manager, communicate system changes to appropriate stakeholders.
- Responsible for the maintenance of infrastructure systems and services in applications in conjunction with the HRIS Manager.
- Participate in application version upgrades, patching, testing, and monitoring.
- Coordinate end user testing of applications’ functionality against technical and functional requirements.
- Serve as technical expert in the implementation and maintenance of infrastructure services and systems.
- Assist the HRIS Manager to define, document and coordinate upgrades to application processes and workflows in response to HR functional initiatives or new/existing legal requirements.
- Identify and troubleshoot user issues and recommending solutions.
- Develop system documentation for technical and non-technical audiences.
- Develop and maintain recurring reporting solutions for select customers.
- Provide data driven reports based upon customer requests as directed by the HRIS Manager.
- Maintain data integrity and engaging in regular data cleanup efforts.
- Participate in projects relating to system analysis and design, implementation, testing and maintenance of various HR systems.
- Provide technical expertise to various projects in conjunction with the HRIS Manager.
Other duties as assigned
Any combination totaling two (2) years from the following categories:
• progressively more responsible work experience in an Information Technology (IT) related profession
• college course work which included Information Technology (IT), IT Management, or a closely related discipline, as measured by the following conversion table or its proportional equivalent:
- 60 semester hours or Associate's Degree equals one (1) years
- 90-120 semester hours or Bachelor's Degree equals two (2) years
- Experience identifying and addressing customer needs, excellent analytical and creative problem-solving skills
- Experience troubleshooting and resolving technical issues
- Experience in report writing and development
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service IT Technical Associate position appointed on a 12-month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the May 3, 2021. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by May 3, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:
Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Sean Mahaffey at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer. As a qualifying federal contractor, the University of Illinois System uses E-Verify to verify employment eligibility.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the Chancellor Category:2-Administrative Title:HRIS Systems Analyst-Illinois Human Resources (144747) Open Date:04/09/2021 Close Date:05/03/2021 Organization Name:Illinois Human Resources Operations