Administrative Assistant I, Vice President of Student Success
Job Title: Administrative Assistant I, Vice President of Student Success
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 34606
Commitment to Mission
This job carries with it the obligation to uphold the Mission of Lone Star College (LSC) in carrying out the duties of the position. A commitment to positive interpersonal behaviors, professional communication, diversity, integrity, leadership, stewardship, respect and accountability to LSC students and employees is essential.
- One LSC
- Student Focused
- Own It
- Advance Equity
- Cultivate Community
- Choose Learning
The Chronicle of Higher Education’s “Great Colleges to Work For” is designed to recognize colleges that have been successful in creating great workplaces and to further research and understanding of the factors, dynamics and influences that have the most impact on organizational culture at higher education institutions.
Lone Star College was recognized in five areas: Confidence in Senior Leadership; Diversity; Facilities, Workspace & Security; Job Satisfaction; and Work/Life Balance.Campus Marketing Statement
Lone Star College-CyFair
Lone Star College offers high-quality, affordable academic transfer and career training education to 99,000 students each semester. LSC is training tomorrow’s workforce today and redefining the community college experience to support student success. Stephen C. Head, Ph.D., serves as chancellor of LSC, the largest institution of higher education in the Houston area with an annual economic impact of nearly $3 billion.
LSC, which consists of seven colleges, ten centers, two university centers, Lone Star Corporate College and LSC-Online, is continuously named Great Colleges to Work For by the Chronicle of Higher Education. To learn more, visit LoneStar.edu.
Located in suburban northwest Houston in the heart of the CyFair Community, the college provides a full range of offerings including unique programs in fire science technology, logistics management and sonography. Since opening our award winning campus in 2003, the college has experienced record growth and supports an exciting learning environment that brings together state-of-the-art technology and active, collaborative learning.
Campus address is 9191 Barker Cypress Road, Cypress, TX 77433.Job Description
PURPOSE AND SCOPE:
The Administrative Assistant I will be responsible for providing detailed and task-oriented support to an LSC Executive and to the department team as assigned. Will perform standard administrative work and ensure efficient day-to-day operation of the office. The Administrative Assistant will resolve problems that arise from students, faculty and staff, handle sensitive and confidential records, assist with budget issues, and act as a liaison on behalf of their assigned executive.
ESSENTIAL JOB FUNCTIONS:
- Performs a variety of administrative and operational support functions for assigned executive and department. This may include but is not limited to; creating and monitoring a variety of reports; making travel arrangements and completing related paperwork; maintaining a variety of information/data for executive’s review; ensuring all action items and resulting documents are processed/finalized appropriately; sorting and prioritizes mail; maintaining calendars; planning, scheduling and coordinating a variety of meetings (individual and group), etc.
- Orders and maintains a variety of supplies (office supplies and furniture, computer equipment, promotional items, food and beverages for meetings/events, etc.). Processes purchase orders and P-card purchases for individuals, department, and possibly grant programs
- Monitors multiple budgets and runs a variety of related reports
- May maintain dashboard for division and notify employees of meeting necessary deadlines
- Operates a variety of office equipment and utilizes one or more standard business software packages at a superior level
- Coordinates with internal and external executive-level staff to accomplish moderately complex activities such as identifying and scheduling outside speakers, and developing agendas or recreational programs for meetings and events
- Plans, assists with and attends a variety of meetings, committees, and events. Takes minutes and disseminates information to all relevant constituents as needed
- Some positions may assist student as needed, including but not limited to processing documents/correspondence, answering general questions, assisting with general issues, etc.
- Responsible for other reasonable, related duties as assigned
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES:
- Proficient in the use of computers and related software for word processing, spread sheets, and database management; Specific software experience in Windows and Microsoft Office
- College level oral and written communication skills are essential
- Demonstrated soft skills necessary for office management
- Ability to handle confidential information
- Ability to work effectively and efficiently with minimal supervision
- Attention to detail and the ability to successfully manage multiple tasks with overlapping time-frames and deadlines
- Ability to use and learn new software products
- Ability to document and track expenses
The work is sedentary. Typically, the employee sits comfortably to do the work. However, there may be some walking; standing; bending; carrying of light items, such as papers, books, or small parts; or driving an automobile. No special physical demands are required to perform the work.
WORK SCHEDULE AND CONDITIONS:
- Equipment used includes, PC workstation running on a LAN in a Microsoft Windows environment, calculator, phone and other general office equipment
- Interface with internal and external contacts as needed to carry out the functions of the position
- Work is performed in a climate-controlled office with minimal exposure to safety hazards
- High School Diploma or GED and at least 5 year of experience, or an equivalent combination of education and experience
- Associate’s Degree
Hiring salary range is $34,670 - $39,871.
Lone Star College provides a hiring salary range for all posted full-time non-faculty positions. Where your salary offer would fall in that range is determined by your related experience and education. Should you receive an offer of employment from Lone Star College, the resume submitted in the application process will be utilized to calculate your salary offer. The information outlined below will provide the Office of Human Resources everything needed to determine an accurate starting salary.
Your resume should provide a complete picture of your work experience. The resume should include the following information for each position listed:
- Length of time (specific months and years) of employment
- If the position was full time or part time
- If the position was paid or unpaid
- Unofficial transcript for highest earned degree
Additionally, any certifications listed as required or preferred in the Lone Star College job description should be included in the resume submitted.Benefits Marketing Statement
By joining our top-notch institution, you will enjoy being a part of an organization that offers a supportive, collegial work environment and excellent work/life balance. This includes a full comprehensive and competitive benefits package, a generous number of paid holidays and vacation days, wellness programs, tuition waiver, professional development opportunities and more.Special Instructions
Go to the Job Search page, click on ‘My Activities’ at the top of the page. Under My Cover Letters and Attachments you will click on ‘Add Attachment.’ Please be sure to put the Job ID# in the title once you name your file for cover letters only, unless you attached your cover letter with your resume.
If you are applying for an Instructional position (i.e. Faculty, Adjunct Faculty, Instructor), please ensure you include the following to be considered: Resume/CV, Cover Letter, Teaching Philosophy, and unofficial transcripts.
You must limit your file name for any attachment to 40 characters or less.How to Apply
ALL APPLICANTS MUST APPLY ONLINE ONLY
We will not accept application material received via fax, email, mail, or hand delivered.
Postings for part-time and adjunct positions are active for the academic year. By selecting the option to receive notifications on your profile, you will begin receiving electronic communication regarding new opportunities with Lone Star College (LSC).
If selected for an interview, a recruiter will contact you by phone, or email to schedule an interview.
Lone Star College participates in the E-Verify program, under which Lone Star College provides the federal government with information from each new employee's Form I-9 to confirm that the employee is authorized to work in the United States.
More information on the E-Verify program is available at www.dhs.gov/E-Verify.
Lone Star College is an EEO Employer. All positions are subject to a criminal background check.