Business Office Assistant
Present Position Number:
01125WRole Code Title:
Admin & Office Specialist IIIPosition Title:
Business Office AssistantPosition Summary:
Reporting to the Director of IT Business Services, the Business Office Assistant will perform a variety of administrative and business duties including assisting with document and report preparation, catering duties, processing procurements and fiscal transactions. Maintain the calendar for the Chief Information Officer and perform other scheduling needs for executive leadership and the department. Responsible for departmental event planning and meeting support including setup and implementation. Serve as delegate for all travel arrangements and reimbursements for senior IT leadership.
Primary functions include:
- Process orders and purchases for Information Technology
- Process payments, journal vouchers, and invoices.
- Maintain appointment calendars including making appointments & schedule meetings for IT senior leadership and their committees.
- Order and assist with logistics for catering for departmental meeting and functions.
- Prepare reports and documents related to various departmental and senior leadership needs.
High school Diploma or equivalent.
- Thorough knowledge of successful office practices and protocols with the ability to support such office programs.
- Familiarity with fiscal process and procedures, with the ability to prepare and process invoices.
- Proficiency in variety of software applications including Micorsoft (MS) Office with strong skills in Word, Excel, Teams, and Outlook.
- Excellent interpersonal and communication skills, with a strong service focus and the ability to work effectively with internal and external constituencies, while exercising diplomacy and tact in all interactions.
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and use initiative, while still being part of a cohesive team.
- Must be detailed oriented and have the ability to manage multiple priorities.
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and use of discretion
- Demonstrated proficiency in proofreading, editing and drafting documents with careful attention to detail and accuracy.
- Experience working in an administrative office environment.
- Experience maintaining multiple calendars and schedules.
- Experience performing accounting transactions.
- Experience producing, organizing, and managing relevant digital documents for easy retrieval.
- Experience setup up departmental meetings and events
- Associate degree, some college courses in business or related area, or relevant office management certification.
- Familiarity with MS Office 365 and associated application
- Proficiency in use of Visio, Powerpoint, or other presentation applications
- Demonstrated experience managing multiple calendars using MS Outlook is highly desirable.
- Knowledge of Banner Finance and eVA.
- Knowledge of service management ticketing systems
- Familiarity with use MS Teams and Zoom in an office environment.
- Familiarity with events logistics.
- Knowledge of Box, OneDrive, or other online document storage platforms
- Experience with Universities Travel policies and procedures.
- Experience providing administrative and fiscal support to a technology department preferably in a higher education environment
- Experience scheduling meetings and events both in person and via Zoom or Microsoft Teams.
- Experience with Small charge card processing
Up to $35,000Department:
William & MaryUniversity Salary Range:
U04Job Open Date:
04/09/2021Open Until Filled:
Full Time OperationalPosition Term:
12-MonthConditions of Employment::
- This is a non-exempt position, eligible to receive overtime in accordance with Fair Labor Standards Act.
- This position may be subject to overtime during high peak times, and for special projects (or emergency situations.
- This position requires administrative access to the College’s information systems and/or sensitive College data.
- The incumbent is expected to be aware of and adhere to the Information Security policies of the College as well as all applicable federal, state, and local laws and follow information security best practices applicable to their job area and to pursue information security training and awareness opportunities when possible.
William & Mary values diversity and invites applications from underrepresented groups who will enrich the research, teaching and service missions of the university. The university is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer and encourages applications from women, minorities, protected veterans, and individuals with disabilities.Background Check Statement:
William & Mary is committed to providing a safe campus community. W&M conducts background investigations for applicants being considered for employment. Background investigations include reference checks, a criminal history record check, and when appropriate, a financial (credit) report or driving history check.Benefits Summary Statement:
William & Mary offers our employees a full array of benefits including retirement, health insurance with options for expanded dental and vision along with group and optional life insurance with coverage for spouse and children, flexible spending accounts, and an EAP (Employee Assistance Program).
Our employees enjoy additional university benefits such as educational assistance, professional development, wellness benefits, and a robust holiday schedule. All employees have access to fitness facilities on campus. Staff members also have access to the university libraries, and much more. To learn more, go to: https://www.wm.edu/offices/hr/currentemployees/benefits/index.php