Instructor, Certified Nurse Assistant
Position SummaryFirst Application Review Date: April 23, 2021Responsible for teaching courses and assessing learning outcomes within the Nursing Assistant and Allied Health discipline. Teaching assignments may include alternative delivery methods, day, evening, and weekend classes, and may be at multiple sites. Must be able to work collegially in a team environment. This is a full-time eligible position.
A cover letter, resume, unofficial transcripts and references are required in addition to the application.
Salary placement on the Nursing Faculty Salary Schedule is based on education and experience. See the Faculty Salary Schedule located on the CCC website for more information https://www.coconino.edu/resources/files/pdfs/human-resources/FTNursingFaculty.pdfCoconino Community College/CCC2NAU program is an equal opportunity employer/program. Auxiliary aids and services are available upon request to individuals with disabilities. Deaf/Hard of Hearing dial 711 for relay services and connect to 928-226-4320
The Human Resources Diversity Statement
The Human Resources Team commits to fostering a culture where each person, employee or not - feels heard, supported and engaged in a positive and empathetic way. We purposefully construct and nurture a focus upon community and inclusiveness. All lives matter regardless of actual or perceived sexual identity, gender identity, gender expression, economic status, ethnicity, ability, disability, religious beliefs or disbeliefs, age, immigration status, or location.
In HR, every experience matters, and it is our goal to make those experiences matter for you.
Title IX Disclaimer
Title IX of the Education Amendments of 1972, states: "No person in the United States shall, on the basis of sex, be excluded from participation in, be denied the benefits of, or be subjected to discrimination under any education program or activity receiving Federal financial assistance."
The goal of CCC is to provide an educational, employment, and business environment free of gender discrimination. Incidents of misconduct should be reported to the college Title IX Coordinator, as outlined in policy, contact information is available at this link: https://www.coconino.edu/title-ix Essential Duties and ResponsibilitiesWith Students:
- Provides schedule building input and review as requested.
- Cooperates with supervisor on the department budget.
- Promotes the mission, values, purposes and Strategic Plan of the college and learning college philosophy.
- Participates in the development, implementation and assessment of programs, including the assessment of learning outcomes, as prescribed by department.
- Develops new or revises existing curricula as needed, which may include College supported Articulation (ATF) participation.
- Remain current in the assigned discipline(s).
- Maintain discipline/course specific certifications and licenses where appropriate.
- Assists supervisor in the evaluation of part-time faculty as requested.
- Participates in the operation and/or shared governance of the college through college committees assigned faculty meetings.
- Assists in the building of programs relevant to their discipline.
- Serves as a professional role model for students and other faculty.
Ability to teach effectively, knowledge of the subject area, computer and related technology. Ability to maintain professional ethics and confidentiality of students and staff. Ability to support and promote the mission, values, and strategic plan of the College. Ability to integrate subject area with other related curricula. Knowledge of the state and federal laws, such as FERPA. Ability to work in a culturally diverse and team environment.
- Hold a current registered nurse license that is active and in good standing.
- Documentation of a minimum of one year full time or 1500 hours employment providing direct care as a registered nurse in any setting.
- Minimum of one of the following:
Experience teaching in a learner-centered college environment. Experience working with a diverse student population.