University of Colorado – School of Medicine
Assistant Professor - Research
The University of Colorado Denver l Anschutz Medical Campus seeks individuals with demonstrated commitment to creating an inclusive learning and working environment. We value the ability to engage effectively with students, faculty and staff of diverse backgrounds.Nature of Work The Department of Medicine’s Division of Rheumatology at the University of Colorado School of Medicine is seeking a talented researcher focused on data science approaches to the interpretation of various emerging methodologic studies of single cells, as well as the development of new methods of analysis for complex data sets. The appointee will develop both an independent and collaborative research programs externally funded through government, foundation, and/or industry mechanisms. The role will include being a central participant in the development and expansion of the scientific focus of the Interdisciplinary Program in Joint Biology and the related Colorado Program for Musculoskeletal Research. Additionally, participation in collaborative research and training activities of the Divisions of Rheumatology and Pulmonary Medicine within the Department of Medicine and the Department of Orthopedics will be a major component of the position. Participation in the activities of the new Center for Health Artificial Intelligence (AI) are also possible. Participating in all three inter-related missions of the University of Colorado School of Medicine, including clinical care, teaching and scholarly productivity are expected. Candidates should demonstrate strong research, interpersonal and communication skills and will be expected to positively interact with technical and professional colleagues, residents and fellows at the University of Colorado Hospital and University of Colorado School of Medicine. Experience working with national and international investigators and company personnel would be valuable. Candidates must have a PhD degree. Women and minorities are especially encouraged to apply. Supervision ReceivedThis position reports to the Division Head (Professor) in the Division of Rheumatology Supervision Exercised
- Professional Research Assistants.
- Develop and test protocols as well as prepare manuscripts and presentations.
- Tabulate data, evaluate consistency of data, and validate quality of data elements/data editing.
- Develop new analytic techniques for highly complex data sets.
- Collaboration with contractors and researchers to modify, test, verify and analyze research data and interpret results.
- Hire, supervise and manage research personnel ranging from those who are highly skilled to entry level.
- PhD or equivalent
- Postdoctoral training in data sciences
- At least two years of post-doctoral experience
- Must be able to work on several projects simultaneously
- Must have excellent written and verbal communication skills
- Prior experience in research, grant submissions, budget management and data analysis
- Library research skills, as well as medical database searches and retrieval and internet searches.
- Experience working with clinicians, patients and clinical research personnel at an academic medical center or research hospital.
Job Category: Faculty
Primary Location: Aurora
Posting Date: Apr 8, 2021
Unposting Date: Ongoing