Open Rank Professor, 12 Month Salaried – Multiple Positions (Family Medicine & Rural Health - Medicine) Location:
Tallahassee, FL Regular/Temporary:
Regular Full/Part Time:
Full-Time Job ID:
Department of Family Medicine & Rural Health - College of Medicine
FSU COM has a focused mission of training patient-centered physicians devoted to the needs of rural, underserved, minority, and elderly populations.FSU COM is very “Family Medicine friendly” with family physicians holding several key administrative positions.Responsibilities
- The Florida State University College of Medicine (FSU COM) is seeking an academic family physician to fill a full-time 12-month open rank faculty position at a minimum rank of either Assistant or Associate Professor, dependent upon qualifications and experience, in the Department of Family Medicine and Rural Health. This is a clinical position and is not tenure-earning eligible.
- The position will involve substantial teaching and supervision of health professional students as well as assisting in the delivery of an innovative, integrated curriculum and practice in a new clinical facility.
- The position will include around 40% direct patient care at an affiliated primary care practice.
- The Department has research interests in the areas of health equity, community health, rural health, and innovative health care.
- As members of the UF-FSU Clinical and Translational Science Award Program, we welcome a faculty member who can complement and/or enhance these areas of innovation with community-engaged research.
Qualifications Applicants must have a doctoral degree (MD or DO) in an appropriate field from an accredited institution and personal and professional goals which are consistent with the mission of the FSU College of Medicine (FSU COM). Applicants should have relevant academic, clinical and professional experience, excellent skills in communication and collaboration, and be passionate about the field of family medicine and rural health.Additional specific qualifications include:
- Completion of an approved U.S. Residency Program and Board Certification in Family Medicine or other acceptable discipline and participating in maintenance of certification.
- Must possess or obtain within 90 days of hire a valid Florida license to practice medicine in accordance with Chapter 458, Florida Statutes.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification by governmental board or certifying agency, or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Ability to foster an educational environment conducive to patient-centered medical student and physician assistant education.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or equivalent software.
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Current PPD (Purified Protein Derivative) test as performed by a qualified healthcare provider prior to hire.
- Physical examination completed by a qualified healthcare provider prior to hire.
- Within 30 days of hire, must provide:
- Documentation of vaccination for Tetanus within the last 10 years.
- Proof of immunization OR positive titers for Hepatitis B.
- Experience in teaching medical students and/or primary care research is highly desired.
- Scholarly interest, knowledge and experience with health equity or community-based health outcomes or clinical research is desired.
- Clinical experience post-residency/fellowship is desired.
- Knowledge and experience with medical informatics is helpful.
This job opening serves to recruit for three identical positions.
Contact Info Ms. Ute SartinDepartment Administrator
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://hr.fsu.edu/facultyjobs. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
Please upload a CV and a letter of interest with your online application.
This position requires that you have three confidential professional letters of recommendation submitted on your behalf. Follow the steps below to request these letters through our system:
1) After submitting your application, click the Careers link;
2) Click the My References link;
3) Click the Send/View Reference Request button next to the appropriate position; and
4) Follow the steps on that page to send your references a system generated email requesting they submit a letter of recommendation on your behalf.
You may also return to the My References link and click on "Send/View Reference Request" to see if your references have responded, add additional references, or resend requests.
This is a Faculty position.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting.
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
This position is being readvertised. Previous applicants need not reapply.
Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed at: https://hr.fsu.edu/sites/g/files/upcbnu2186/files/PDF/Publications/diversity/EEO_Statement.pdf.