Assistant or Associate Professor, 12 Month Salaried (Family Medicine & Rural Health - Medicine)
Job Title: Assistant or Associate Professor, 12 Month Salaried (Family Medicine & Rural Health - Medicine)
Location: Tallahassee, FL
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Job ID: 48686
Department of Family Medicine & Rural Health - College of MedicineFSU COM has a focused mission of training patient-centered physicians devoted to the needs of rural, underserved, minority, and elderly populations.FSU COM is committed to diversity and inclusion and is very “Family Medicine friendly” with family physicians holding several key administrative positions including Dean of the College.Equal Employment Opportunity
An Equal Opportunity/Access/Affirmative Action/Pro Disabled & Veteran Employer.
FSU's Equal Opportunity Statement can be accessed here.
- Completion of an approved U.S. Residency Program and Board Certification in Family Medicine or other acceptable discipline and participating in maintenance of certification.
- Must possess or obtain within 90 days of hire a valid Florida license to practice medicine in accordance with Chapter 458, Florida Statutes.
- Current Basic Life Support (BLS) Healthcare Provider Certification by governmental board or certifying agency, or the ability to obtain prior to hire.
- Ability to foster an educational environment conducive to patient-centered medical student and physician assistant education.
- Demonstrated record of achievement in teaching, academic research, and service.
- Experience with Microsoft Word, Excel, and Outlook or equivalent software.
- Experience communicating effectively verbally and in writing.
- Experience establishing and maintaining effective working relationships.
- Current PPD (Purified Protein Derivative) test as performed by a qualified healthcare provider prior to hire.
- Physical examination completed by a qualified healthcare provider prior to hire.
- Within 30 days of hire, must provide:
- Documentation of vaccination for Tetanus within the last 10 years.
- Proof of immunization OR positive titers for Hepatitis B.
- Experience in teaching medical students and/or primary care research is highly desired.
- Scholarly interest, knowledge and experience with health equity or community-based health outcomes or clinical research is desired.
- Clinical experience post-residency/fellowship is desired.
Email: [email protected]University Information
One of the nation's elite research universities, Florida State University preserves, expands, and disseminates knowledge in the sciences, technology, arts, humanities, and professions, while embracing a philosophy of learning strongly rooted in the traditions of the liberal arts and critical thinking. Founded in 1851, Florida State University is the oldest continuous site of higher education in Florida. FSU is a community steeped in tradition that fosters research, encourages creativity, and embraces diversity. At FSU, there’s the excitement of being part of a vibrant academic and professional community, surrounded by people whose ideas are shaping tomorrow’s news!
Learn more about our university and campuses.
This is a Faculty position.FSU Total Rewards
FSU offers a robust Total Rewards package. Visit our website to learn more about our Compensation, Benefits, Wellness, Recognition, and Employee Development programs.
Use our interactive tool to calculate Total Compensation options based on potential salary, benefits and retirement contributions, earned leave, and other employment-related perks.
This position requires successful completion of a criminal history background check, to include fingerprinting. The background check will be conducted as authorized and in accordance with University Policy 4-OP-C-7-B11.How To Apply
If qualified and interested in a specific Faculty job opening as advertised, apply to Florida State University at https://jobs.fsu.edu. If you are a current FSU employee, apply via myFSU > Self Service.
Applicants are required to complete the online application with all applicable information. Applications must include education details even if attaching a Vita.
This position is being advertised as open until filled.
Applications will be reviewed as received by the hiring committee.Tobacco Free Campus
Effective January 1, 2014, tobacco use, including simulated tobacco use, is prohibited on property, interior and exterior, owned or managed by Florida State University. This policy applies to all Florida State University students, employees, consultants, contractors, visitors, and external individuals.