Full-Time Faculty in Early Childhood Education
Department: Professional Studies
Locations: Boston, MA
Posted: Apr 9, 2021
Ref No.: 129886
About Bunker Hill Community College:
Bunker Hill Community College (BHCC) is a multi-campus institution with vibrant, urban campuses in Boston, Massachusetts, in nearby Chelsea, Massachusetts, and at several satellites and instructional sites throughout the Greater Boston area. The largest of the 15 community colleges in Massachusetts, BHCC serves some 18,000 students annually, focusing on holistic student services to ensure student retention and persistence. The College offers certificates and associate degrees, early college and dual enrollment, non-credit community and corporate training, and industry-specific training programs. BHCC is the 8th most diverse higher education institution in the United States, and is an Asian American and Pacific Islander Serving Institution. Bunker Hill is also a Hispanic Service Institution, defined as an institution that has an enrollment of undergrad full-time equivalent students that is at least 25 percent Hispanic students. Approximately 1000 international students attend from 100 countries, speaking more than 75 languages.
Full-time Tenure Track Faculty Requirements: BHCC seeks full-time faculty who demonstrate a passion for teaching and a desire to join faculty and staff to expand and create new strategies for student success.
Faculty must be experienced in teaching in learning communities or willing to become proficient in learning community pedagogy and practice once hired, as well as adept in the assessment of learning outcomes and the use of technology in the classroom. Candidates should be passionate educators who can facilitate the needs of diverse 21st century learners.
Additionally, BHCC seeks faculty who value advising students and wish to contribute fully to the life of the College. Faculty may be assigned courses at one or more of the College's locations.
Position Description: Full-time Early Childhood Education faculty member in the Department of Education/Early Childhood Education.
- Responsible for the teaching and curriculum development in all departmental areas of Early Childhood Development and Education with primary duties teaching Early Childhood Development courses
- Participate in ongoing curriculum review, assessment, development and modification
- Develop instructional material consistent with course objectives and student learning outcomes and competencies
- Use new technologies in the classroom to supplement instruction
- Participate in ongoing professional development
- Remain an active member of the Early Care community, including collaboration with Massachusetts Department of Early Education and Care, other Massachusetts Community Colleges, and community organizations
- Teach in different modalities such as online, hybrid and remote
- Work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population
- Actively participate as a faculty member in the general College community and fulfill duties as stipulated in the MCCC Collective Bargaining Agreement
- Master's degree in Education with substantive early childhood education coursework, early childhood education, childhood development required
- Knowledge of the field of education and early childhood development
- At least five years of experience in care and educational settings with children 0-6 years of age
- College-level teaching experience required; community college teaching preferred
- Experience with and understanding of anti-bias and culturally responsive education
- Experience with child centered and emergent curriculum is preferred
- Proven ability to work effectively with a diverse student, faculty and staff population
Letters of application should address the above requirements as well as qualifications for this position.
Salary Range: $50,000.00-$60,000.00. Actual Salary Will Be Commensurate With Education and Experience in Accordance with MCCC/MTA Collective Bargaining Agreement. Relocation Stipend May Be Available.
Effective date: To Ensure Consideration, Application Materials Must Be Received By May 12, 2021
To be considered for this position please upload the following documents to your account:
- Cover Letter
- A Copy of your Unofficial Transcripts
Please be sure to address the Required Qualifications in your documents.
If you need assistance applying through this website please contact our online Help Desk HERE