UNT System Overview:
Welcome to the University of North Texas System, or UNT World as we like to call ourselves. UNT World includes the University of North Texas in Denton, the University of North Texas at Dallas and the University of North Texas Health Science Center in Fort Worth. We are the only university system based exclusively in the robust Dallas-Fort Worth region and we are committed to transforming lives and creating economic opportunity through education. We are growing with the DFW region, enrolling a record 47,000+ students across our system and awarding nearly 12,000 degrees each year.Posting Title:
DentonFull Time/Part Time:
Salary Commensurate with ExperienceDepartment Summary:
The Department of Spanish at the University of North Texas offers a minor, the Bachelor of Arts degree, as well as the Master of Arts degree. The department is comprised of 16 full-time faculty members, 7 graduate teaching assistants/fellows, 12 adjunct instructors, 2 full-time staff, and 3 student workers. Our mission, facilitated by faculty and staff alike, is to provide excellent learning experiences for our undergraduate and graduate students, produce outstanding scholarship, and provide high quality service to all of our constituents.Position Overview:
Perform diverse and complex administrative support tasks which include interpreting and promoting the department’s programs and rendering administrative decisions and driving departmental initiatives. Instrumental in the day to day success and efficiency of the department.Minimum Qualifications:
Bachelor’s Degree and three years of highly responsible and varied office administration or business management experience; or any equivalent combination of education, training, and experience.Knowledge, Skills and Abilities:
• Exceptional customer service skills.
• Advanced written communication skills.
• Advanced Microsoft Office skills.
• Knowledge of accounting/budgeting procedures.
• Ability to work under pressure, to adjust to constant changes, to handle multiple tasks, and to coordinate the work of others.
• Ability to keep complex records, to assemble and organize data of complex nature, and to prepare and submit reports in acceptable formats.
• Ability to conceptualize, plan and organize multiple programs and assignments effectively.
• Ability to work on complex and confidential tasks utilizing judgment, tact, and resourcefulness.
• Skill in developing and maintaining good working relationships.
• Knowledge of policies, practices, procedures and terminology of assigned function.
M-F, 8 am to 5 pmDriving University Vehicle:
This is a security sensitive position.EEO Statement:
The University of North Texas System and its component institutions are committed to equal opportunity and comply with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University of North Texas System and its component institutions do not discriminate on the basis of race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, religion, national origin, age, disability, genetic information, or veteran status in its application and admission processes, educational programs and activities, and employment practices.Classification Title:
Administrative CoordinatorPhysical Requirements:
Carrying, Lifting up to 10 pounds, Sitting, Talk or Hearo:
Performs complex administrative functions for the chair.o:
Office staff supervision and office integrity.o:
Coordinate departmental human resource functions.o:
Facilitates departmental funding and procurement.o:
S1826PQuicklink for Posting: