Full-Time Financial Aid Outreach Counselor
Department:: CARES Act Institutional Funds-2
Locations:: Haverhill, MA
Posted:: Apr 8, 2021
Closes:: Apr 22, 2021 - 11:59 PM EDT
Type:: Full-time Temporary
Position ID:: 129849
POSITION: Full-Time Financial Aid Outreach Counselor: Financial Aid Counselor; MCCC/MTA Unit Professional Position; 37.5 hours per week; Pay grade 3; This is a temporary, Grant Funded (CARES) Position through December 31, 2021.
Summary: Financial Aid is open Monday - Friday from 9 am - 5 pm. This position will work between 9 am - 5 pm. The staff member is required to work one possibly two late nights a week which is subject to change based on the needs of the office. This position also requires Saturdays and late evenings during peak enrollment periods for the fall and spring semesters. The potential candidate will be working on the Haverhill/Lawrence Campus for the Financial Aid Office.
RESPONSIBILITIES: This position will report directly to the Director of Financial Aid and will be required to perform the following:
- Establishes and facilitates FAFSA completion opportunities at NECC and the college community with a focus on financial aid outreach.
- Creates a robust financial literacy program, which includes the management a team of student financial literacy ambassadors.
- Evaluates and fills communication gaps among current students who do not complete the financial aid process.
- Assists with the review, processing and communication for Laptop Credit Program, CARES Act and similar initiatives.
- Advises students about financial aid eligibility, application procedures, aid programs, costs, debt management and financial planning.
- Ensures compliance with all applicable Federal, State and College regulations and policies.
- This position has a student caseload, which includes but is not limited to the review of student applications for financial aid to determine financial need and award aid according to government and institutional regulations.
- Evaluates documentation provided by students; performs verification and conflicting data resolution.
- Exercises professional judgment, assists with processing financial aid appeals, special circumstances and dependency overrides.
- This position will also be assigned administrative responsibility for particular Title IV, State, or Institutional program(s).
- The Classification Specification is available at: https://www.mass.edu/shared/classificationspecs/specsmccc/Financial Aid Counselor - HB 1069.doc
- Bachelor's Degree required and one (1) to two (2) years of experience working in a Financial Aid Office or another office within Enrollment Services.
- Knowledge of federal and state financial aid regulations and programs.
- Must be self-motivated; have the ability to problem solve; be able to communicate effectively with students, staff and the community and have a commitment to customer service.
- Able to work in fast pace team environment and have the ability to handle several assignments simultaneously.
- Must be able to respond effectively to questions and prepare materials in response to inquiries.
- Strong time management skills.
- Knowledge of Microsoft Office.
- Banner Student Information Systems experience preferred.
- Experience working in community college and/or One-Stop Enrollment Services setting preferred.
- Bilingual or Bicultural (Spanish and English).
- Experience working with and supporting a culturally diverse, population in a Hispanic-Serving Institution.
GRADE AND SALARY: Anticipated salary range is $45,749.00 to $50,705.00 annually with complete fringe benefit package. Complete fringe benefit package including competitive health insurance, dental insurance, basic life insurance, long-term disability insurance, paid sick, vacation and personal leave, educational benefits for employee/spouse/dependents, and excellent retirement benefits. Actual salary calculated in compliance with MCCC/MTA classification system; Transcripts will be required at the time of hire.
ANTICIPATED START DATE: May 1, 2021
TO APPLY: To be considered for this position you must submit a cover letter & resume online.
DEADLINE: April 22, 2021
Northern Essex Community College is an affirmative action/equal opportunity employer and does not discriminate on the basis of race, creed, religion, color, gender, gender identity, sexual orientation, age, disability, genetic information, maternity leave, military service and national origin and any other protected class in its education programs and activities as required by Title IX of the Educational Amendments of 1972, the American with Disabilities Act of 1990, Section 504 of the Rehabilitation Act of 1973, Title VII of the Civil Rights Act of 1964, and other applicable statues and college policies. The College prohibits sexual harassment, including sexual violence. The following person has been designated to handle inquiries regarding Americans with Disabilities Act, the Rehabilitation Act and related statutes and regulations, Affirmative Action, non-discrimination policies, and Title IX compliance/sexual harassment: Assistant Director of Human Resources, Elizabete Trelegan B-219, 978-556-3928/ [email protected] Inquiries or complaints concerning discrimination, harassment, retaliation or sexual violence shall be referred to the College's Affirmative Action Officer/Title IX Coordinator, the Massachusetts Commission Against Discrimination, the Equal Employment Opportunities Commission or the United States Department of Education's Office for Civil Rights.
Prospective employees are encouraged to review the College's Annual Security Report (ASR), in compliance with the Jeanne Clery Disclosure of Campus Security Policy and Campus Crime Statistics Act, which can be found on the disclosure page of the College's website at: http://www.necc.mass.edu/clery