Associate Admissions Counselor
Job location: Pasadena, CA
Employment Type: Full-time
Posted data: 2021-04-08
Associate Admissions Counselor
Department: Admissions, Saybrook
Position: Associate Admissions Counselor
Reports to: Associate Director of Admissions
Saybrook University is seeking an Associate Admissions Counselor to join the Admissions department.
The Associate Admissions Counselor position is an entry level position that will be developed and trained to move into an Admissions Counselor position within Saybrook University. The primary responsibilities of the Associate Admissions Counselor include new applicant document support, admissions consultation follow-up, administrative follow-up, new prospect lead entry and student support campaigns with potential students.
Position responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- The Associate Admissions Counselor will be responsible for following up with new applicants, answer questions about admissions requirements, enrollment procedures and all other Admissions information to help the applicant move forward to the faculty interview process.
- As needed, maintain communication with students through application and ensure all information concerning the admissions process is accurately recorded in the CRM.
- Must have adequate knowledge of all Saybrook programs and courses being offered by Saybrook University.
- Meet key KPI’s set by AVP Enrollment Management by maintaining targeted conversion metrics.
- Maintain communication with other functional areas such as Financial Aid, Student Accounts and Academic Affairs to enhance the process of Admissions and establish positive team relationship between departments.
- Support in fielding general inbound calls, emails and chats requesting information from Saybrook University and connect them with the admissions department.
- Support academic departmental prospective student information meetings through outreach, documentation in CRM and post-information meeting follow up.
- Bachelor’s degree required, preferably in a business or communications related field.
- Willing to commit to a structured training regimen to prepare candidate for higher level admissions positions.
- Must be able to work on-site in Pasadena.
- Excellent oral and written communication skills.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package. Some of our key benefits include: paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan, and multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA). Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer that celebrates diversity and inclusion.
About Saybrook University:
Saybrook University was founded over 40 years ago by some of the greatest minds of the 20th century and continues to inspire a new generation of innovators. A non-profit regionally accredited university known for its commitment to humanistic studies and rigorous research, Saybrook University’s academic model puts the student at the center of everything we do to provide a unique, transformational, learning experience. Saybrook offers advanced degrees in organizational systems, psychology, mind-body medicine, and counseling, all in flexible learning formats to help students continue to be active contributors to the fields they work in while they advance their education. Saybrook University is proud to be a diverse, inclusive community of creative, compassionate innovators dedicated to pursing new ways of thinking and doing for our professions, organizations, and communities.
For more information, visit www.saybrook.edu.
Saybrook University offers a generous compensation and benefits package, as well as the opportunity to work for a leader in the field of education. Some of our key benefits include: generous paid time-off, medical and dental coverage, company-paid life and disability insurance, retirement plan with employer contribution, multiple flexible spending accounts (FSA), tuition reimbursement, professional development, and regular employee appreciation events.
Saybrook University is an Equal Opportunity Employer.