Clinical Research Nurse, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center Georgetown University Medical Center
Located in a historic neighborhood in the nation's capital, Georgetown offers rigorous academic programs, a global perspective, exciting ways to take advantage of Washington, D.C., and a commitment to social justice. Our community is a tight knit group of remarkable individuals interested in intellectual inquiry and making a difference in the world.RequirementsClinical Research Nurse, Lombardi Comprehensive Cancer Center - Georgetown University Medical Center
The Clinical Research Nurse
serves as coordinator for phase I, II and III clinical trials, using investigational agents for the hematology/oncology group within the Clinical Research Management Office. Reporting to the Clinical Research Manager, the Clinical Research Nurse
has duties that include but are not limited to:Study Management
- Ascertain study patient eligibility for clinical trial.
- Support and evaluate patient adherence to protocol and documents any deviations.
- Assess, identify and prioritize clinical information for medical team for patients enrolled on clinical trials.
- Assist in the assessment, management, and coordination across the continuum of care (outpatient, inpatient, and home), including triage of phone calls, symptom management, and proactive patient communication.
- Collaborate with members of the interdisciplinary team to develop and implement plan of care for the patient.
- Maintain patient safety and protocol compliance, and manage data collection.
- Ensure all documentation is completed in a timely and thorough manner.
- Report and document serious adverse events per protocol and institutional policy.
- Ensure that all pre-study laboratory/medical tests are completed, and that eligibility requirements are completed.
- Arrange pre/post procedure laboratory/medical tests.
- Provide patient education about clinical trial treatment, possible side effects, and required testing.
- Act as a liaison with hospital staff, physicians, pharmaceutical companies, IRB, and agencies requiring data.
- Act as a liaison with sponsors during study start-up activities, and participate in site initiation visits, monitoring visits, and audits.
- Participate and prepare for monitoring/audit visits.
- Provide information to regulatory bodies.
- Collaborate with data manager(s) to assure the documentation for the clinical trial is complete and accurate.
- Coordinate with regulatory team and protocol office regarding regulatory affairs.
- Assist with collection and documentation of eligibility, randomization, patient assessments, and treatments, and follow up care as defined in the protocol.
- Ensure that all documentation is completed in a timely and thorough manner while adhering to institutional rules and regulations.
- Ensure that laboratory and tissue testing is completed and stored appropriately.
- Assist with data and regulatory as necessary.
- Enter accruals to CTMS (OnCore).
- Assist in billing reconciliation for patient related expenses.
- Provide mentoring of junior staff as needed.
- Participate in departmental meetings as needed.
- Bachelor's degree
- BLS certification
- Nursing license in the District of Columbia
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail
Current Georgetown Employees:
- A minimum of 3 years related oncology and research experience
- Knowledge of clinical research, research processes, and computer applications
If you currently work at Georgetown University, please exit this website and login to GMS (gms.georgetown.edu
) using your Net ID and password. Then select the Career worklet on your GMS Home dashboard to view Jobs at Georgetown.Submission Guidelines:
Please note that in order to be considered an applicant for any position at Georgetown University you must submit a cover letter and resume for each position of interest for which you believe you are qualified. These documents are not kept on file for future positions.Need Assistance:
If you are a qualified individual with a disability and need a reasonable accommodation for any part of the application and hiring process, please click here
for more information, or contact the Office of Institutional Diversity, Equity, and Affirmative Action (IDEAA) at 202-687-4798 or [email protected]
Need some assistance with the application process? Please call 202-687-2500. For more information about the suite of benefits, professional development and community involvement opportunities that make up Georgetown's commitment to its employees, please visit the Georgetown Works website
Georgetown University is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer
fully dedicated to achieving a diverse faculty and staff. All qualified applicants are encouraged to apply and will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, national origin, age, sex (including pregnancy, gender identity and expression, and sexual orientation), disability status, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law
Georgetown University offers a wide variety of comprehensive and competitive benefits. Benefits packages include comprehensive health, dental and vision plans, disability and life insurance coverage, retirement savings programs, tuition assistance, voluntary insurance options (including group legal, accident, and critical illness), and much more. Whatever your need, the Office of Faculty and Staff Benefits will be standing by to support you. You can learn more about the benefits offered to eligible faculty and staff at https://benefits.georgetown.edu
or view the online interactive benefits guide
for more information.
To apply, visit https://georgetown.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/Georgetown_Admin_Careers/job/Medical-Center/Clinical-Research-Nurse---Georgetown-University-Medical-Center_JR09650
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency