Part-Time Office Assistant - Department of Business Administration
The College of Southern Nevada appreciates your interest in employment at our growing institution. We want your application process to go smoothly and quickly. We ask that you keep in mind the following when completing your application:
- Once you start the application process you cannot save your work. Please ensure you have all required attachment(s) available to complete your application before you begin the process.
- Required attachments are listed below on the posting. Your application will not be considered without the required attachments.
- Please note that applications must be submitted prior to the close of the recruitment. Once a recruitment has closed, applications will no longer be accepted.
If you are unable to attach the required documents to your online application or need assistance regarding the application process, please contact the Talent Acquisition team within Human Resources via email at [email protected]
or call (702) 651-5800 to be directed to the appropriate Recruiter.Job DescriptionPosition Summary
Under direct supervision, responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- This position will provide various levels of support to the Department Chair, Faculty, Staff, and Students while supporting components of the department's operations.
- This role is designed to help serve the department as a whole and will need to collaborate with external departments, multiple faculty members, and the administrative assistant team.
- The candidate for this position must have highly effective organizational skills and acute attention to detail.
- The candidate must also be able to receive (or recognize the need to), plan and complete projects or initiatives in an effective and timely manner, communicate clearly and effectively, multitask, problem solve, respond to inquiries and issues, work independently (but also know when to consult administrative support when things are unclear).
- This candidate must complete assignments or projects by deadline dates given.
- The candidate should possess professional collaboration skills executed through proactive communication, understanding of procedures and regulations, with the ability to see all the details while maintaining the big picture in support of the department's mission and goals.
Rate of Pay
- 1 year of working in a front office area.
- Ability to work on campus or remotely.
- Provide administrative support to the Department Chair, Administrative Assistants, Faculty, and Students.
- Help maintain department files and records.
- Ability to answer multiple phone lines to assist callers.
- Ability to check and answer multiple email accounts daily
- General office duties.
- This position requires reliable and consistent attendance either working on campus or working remotely.
- Ability to travel to other campuses or locations to provide administrative support when required.
- Proficient in MS Word/Excel/Outlook, and Adobe for PDF files.
- Assist with book adoptions
- Assist with lifting prerequisites for Business, Law, Management, Marketing, and Real Estate students.
- Research budgetary items.
To be considered for this position, please upload the following documents to your application:
NSHE - INTERNAL APPLICANTS PLEASE NOTE
- Resume /CV
- Cover Letter
- Unofficial College Transcripts (optional)
CSN employees or employees within the Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) MUST use the "Find Jobs" process within Workday to find and apply for jobs at CSN and other NSHE Institutions. Once you log into Workday, type "Find Jobs" in the search box which will navigate to the internal job posting site. Locate this specific job posting by typing the requisition number in the search box. If you complete an application outside of the internal application process and apply as an external candidate, your application will no longer be considered at the time of minimum qualification review. In order to prevent the disqualification of your application, you will need to reapply as an internal candidate before 11:59pm the day prior to the position close date.Posting Close Date
06/30/2021Note to Applicant
Applicants should fully describe their qualifications and experience with specific reference to each of the minimum and preferred qualifications. The search committee will use this information during the initial review of application materials.
All document(s) must be received by 11:59 p.m. the day prior to the closing date posted on the job announcement.
This position may require that a criminal background check be conducted on the candidate(s) selected for hire.
As part of the hiring process, applicants for positions in the Nevada System of Higher Education may be required to demonstrate the ability to perform job-related tasks.
Schedules are subject to change based on organizational needs.
CSN is responsive to serving the educational needs of a diverse and ever-changing community. CSN employs only U.S. citizens and aliens authorized to work in the U.S. CSN does not sponsor aliens applying for faculty, professional staff, or management positions (H-1B Visas) in the absence of exceptional circumstances as defined by the USCIS.
To apply, visit https://nshe.wd1.myworkdayjobs.com/en-US/CSN-External/job/CSN---Charleston-Campus/Part-Time-Office-Assistant---Department-of-Business-Administration_R0124305
The College of Southern Nevada (CSN) creates opportunities and changes lives through access to quality teaching, services, and experiences that enrich our diverse community. CSN has three main campuses in Las Vegas, North Las Vegas and Henderson and multiple sites and centers.
The Nevada System of Higher Education (NSHE) is committed to providing a place of work and learning free of discrimination on the basis of a person’s age, disability, whether actual or perceived by others (including service-connected disabilities), gender (including pregnancy related conditions), military status or military obligations, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, genetic information, national origin, race, or religion.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency