Salary: $68,844.00 - $92,232.00 Annually
Job Type: Full Time
Job Number: 5963-c-04/21
Closing: 4/22/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Location: Visalia, CA
Department: Technology Services
Under the direction of the Applications Manager, the Programmer Analyst will design, create and maintain computer programs and systems to respond to user needs. There are two openings. These positions will initially be assigned responsibilities for supporting Banner Modules (like Student, HR and others), and Ancillary Systems.
Both positons are assigned to the Visalia campus. The working hours are 7:45 a.m. - 4:45 p.m., Monday-Friday, and initial salary placement is at $68,844.
College of the Sequoias Community College District serves a diverse community of learners and is a designated Hispanic Serving Institution. COS provides a wide range of opportunities in transfer, general education, career and technical programs for our students. We are dedicated to recruiting employees who are committed to helping a diverse population of students achieve their educational goals. We seek candidates who exhibit an understanding and commitment to the community college mission, and who have a passion for student success.
Job duties of the Programmer Analyst:
- Study existing systems and procedures of individual departments regarding requirements, organization flow of data, methods and forms.
- Develop programs according to the needs of individual departments; write new programs or modify existing programs as necessary.
- Perform a variety of complex duties as necessary to develop computer programs; analyze program objectives and design desired outputs.
- Develop and code using best practices (C#, Java, PL/SQL, PowerShell/batch/shell scripts, Unit test and others).
- Test, check and refine programs by processing data through the system.
- Communicate with users to respond to requests for assistance or to explain proper use of programs.
- Write or modify programming documentation in accordance with new or changed program.
- Remain current on developments in computer programming equipment, applications and techniques; participate in training programs as required.
- Utilize the District's integrated software in performing the required duties of the position.
- Perform related duties as assigned.
Any combination equivalent to:
- Two years' college-level course work in data processing
- One year of computer programming experience
- Source control - such as Git
- Database experience (Oracle and/or SQL server preferred)
- Office Environment
- Sitting for extended periods of time.
- Ability to hear and speak to communicate with staff/students/public.
- Ability to see to read documents.
- Ability to sit and stand for extended period of time.
- Ability to reach in all directions.
- Ability to lift up to 30 pounds.
Knowledge and Abilities
The hiring committee is seeking evidence of the following:
- Principles, practices and techniques in computer programming.
- Designated computer programming languages.
- Research and analysis techniques as related to computer programming.
- Operation of a computer, terminal, and other applications.
- Oral and written communication skills.
- Interpersonal skills using tact, patience, and courtesy.
- Apply the principles and techniques of computer programming to specific user needs and problems.
- Demonstrate proficiency in a designated computer programming language.
- Prepare flow charts and diagrams.
- Detect errors in data and program structure, logic and coding.
- Write clear and concise programming documentation.
- Compile, organize, analyze and present statistical and technical data.
- Operate computer keyboard and other office equipment.
- Communicate effectively both orally and in writing.
- Analyze situations accurately and adopt an effective course of action.
- Establish and maintain cooperative and effective working relationships with others.
To be considered applicants must submit ALL of the following required material before or by the filing deadline:
- An online job application.
- Letter of interest, which addresses how the applicant's experience and/or education enables him/her to be able to perform the job duties.
- Unofficial copies of transcripts of all college/university work. Official transcripts required upon employment.
For questions regarding this recruitment, please contact Linda Reis at [email protected] or (559) 730-3867.
College of Sequoias does not sponsor H-1B Visas
To apply, visit https://www.governmentjobs.com/careers/cos/jobs/3042652/programmer-analyst
COLLEGE OF THE SEQUOIAS COMMUNITY COLLEGE DISTRICT IS AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER: The College of the Sequoias Community College District is committed to the principles of equal employment opportunity. It is the District's policy to ensure that all qualified applicants for employment and employees have full and equal access to employment opportunity and are not subject to discrimination in any program or activity of the District on the basis of ethnic group identification, race, gender, color, language, accent, citizenship status, ancestry national origin, age, sex, religion, sexual orientation, transgender, parental status, marital status, veteran status, physical or mental disability or medical condition, or on the basis of these perceived characteristics.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency