Job Description The University of Maryland, School of Pharmacy seeks an experienced, innovative, and enthusiastic Web Developer or Senior Web Developer who will report to the Assistant Dean of Instructional Design and Technology. The job will be filled as either a Web Developer or a Senior Web Developer dependent on selected candidate's qualifications.
The School is pursing exciting educational and research initiatives and is looking for a motivated individual to assist with web design and development projects.Responsibilities of this position include supporting web-based applications core to school operations, managing the technical implementation of websites and administration of web-based applications, serving as the SharePoint site collection administrator, coordination with various stakeholders to define and develop operational requirements for projects, and evaluating technologies to facilitate business and operational goals. Established in 1841, the University of Maryland School of Pharmacy is the fourth oldest school of pharmacy in the United States. As a leader in pharmacy education, scientific discovery, patient care, and community engagement, the School conducts cutting edge research and engages in a wide variety of professional practice activities to improve the health and well-being of citizens in the state of Maryland and beyond. This is an essential position and may require occasional evening and weekend support. Occasional travel to the School's program at the Universities at Shady Grove campus in Rockville, MD location is also required. UMB was ranked one of America's Best Large Employers by Forbes Magazine (Feb 2021). BENEFITS:
This EXEMPT position offers a generous benefits package that includes 22 vacation days, 14 floating and holidays, 15 sick days; comprehensive health insurance and retirement options; and tuition remission for employees and their dependents at any of the University System of Maryland schools. In the Fall of 2021, UMB will require all faculty, staff, and students to be vaccinated against COVID-19. Exemptions for medical or religious reasons will be processed through Human Resources. Web Developer Essential Functions:
(performs all duties of Web Developer and the following)
Creates websites and web-based applications. Manages content management systems and develops custom system modules.
- Develops and executes project plans and revised as appropriate. Conducts and maintains setup, installation, and management of software and applications as needed by University or department. Makes recommendations for resources within budget and input in project schedule.
- May lead and train other staff associated with web development.
- Recognizes system deficiencies and implements effective solutions. Interface backend databases (SQL or Oracle) with database administrators in order to maximized function and effectiveness of web applications. Translates functional requirements into technical design and development projects.
- Performs other duties as assigned.
Qualifications For Web Developer:Education:
Bachelors in Information Technology, Computer Science, Systems Administration, Computer Engineering or a related field. Experience:
Bachelor’s degree in a related field. (Master’s degree and additional certification can be used to substitute for relevant experience). Computer Science or Information Systems curriculum preferred.Experience:
- Experience and knowledge related to user experience design is preferred.
- Excellent organizational, detail-oriented, and time management skills are required. Ability to manage multiple projects, work independently, set/re-evaluate priorities, meet deadlines and initiate follow-up action as necessary.
- Experience managing Apache/Linux based web servers is required.
- Proficiency in designing and constructing web-based applications using PHP or Cold Fusion is preferred.
- Experience hosting web servers using Amazon Web Services (AWS) is preferred.
- Must communicate clearly and concisely both verbally and in writing and be collaborative.
Commensurate with education and experience UMB is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, race, color, religion, national origin, disability, protected Veteran status, age, or any other characteristic protected by law or policy. For assistance related to employment, please contact the Staffing department at [email protected]
. If you anticipate needing a reasonable accommodation for a disability under the Americans With Disabilities Act (ADA), during any part of the employment process, please submit a UMB Job Applicant Accommodation Request
. You may also contact [email protected]
. Please note that only inquiries concerning an ADA request for reasonable accommodation will be responded to from this email address. Job:
Reg or CII Exempt StaffShift:
School of Pharmacy - Dean's AdministrationJob Posting:
Apr 8, 2021Unposting Date: