The University of Maryland, Baltimore (UMB), School of Nursing (UMSON) is currently recruiting for an Assistant Professor in the department of Organizational Systems and Adult Health, Family and Community Health or Partnerships, Professional Education, and Practice. This position will support the delivery of the core courses in the graduate programs. In addition, this position will include responsibilities in support of a School health officer.
- Provides classroom and lab instruction that focuses on content, method of delivery, evaluation of students, and recommendations for curricular adjustments and modifications.
- Participates in the planning, implementation and evaluation of simulations relative to courses taught.
- Uses evidence-based best practices for educating students.
- Advises and mentors students.
- Contributes to the collaborative efforts of an interprofessional team, serving on departmental and school committees.
- Support of the School health officer.
- Other duties as assigned.
- Doctoral degree in nursing or a related field.
- Prior academic experience.
- Recent clinical experience in areas of clinical focus.
- Current license to practice nursing in Maryland is required.
- Spirit of inquiry and innovation related to teaching and learning.
- Demonstrated technological competence and the ability to communicate effectively verbally and in writing.
Organization: School of Nursing - Dean's Office
Job Posting: Apr 8, 2021