Engineering Technology Faculty
Bachelor's degree in Manufacturing, Technology, Engineering Technology, Engineering, Engineer Education or related field.
Minimum of five (5) year experience working full-time in the field with progressive experience in developing company training program/s and complex company level strategic planning projects, from concept to completion.
Minimum one (1) year experience teaching for core major subjects such as Engineering Graphics, AutoCAD, and Electricity Fundamentals.
Working knowledge of the Microsoft Office suite along with the Learning Management Systems such as Blackboard, BlackBoard Collaborate.
Working knowledge of AutoCAD and/or one ore more parametric CAD product (Inventor, Solidworks).
Working knowledge of various fabrication processes, shop equipment, and shop safety practices.
Working knowledge of welding processes (MIG, TIG, Plasma CNC) and CNC programming processes (g-Code, MasterCAM) preferred.
1. Directly responsible to the Department Chairperson or appropriate administrator.
2. Instructs students in the facts, skills, and appreciations pertaining to the assigned courses.
3. Considers the general and special needs of the students, assists them in meeting their problems, and when necessary, seeks additional help from other college services.
4. Informs students of educational and occupational opportunities.
5. Observes schedule as approved by the department chairperson/ program coordinator and appropriate administrator.
6. Cooperates with the department chairperson/program coordinator, department members, and the appropriate administrators in the development of the curriculum, in the preparation and update of course syllabi, course outlines, and the selection of textbooks.
7. Recommends library books and other instructional materials.
8. Assists in the organization and meetings of advisory committees where applicable.
9. Consults with department chairperson/coordinator on matters pertaining to departmental problems; observes proper channels of communications.
10. When needed, maintains an inventory of assigned equipment and supplies.
11. Submits midterm and final grade reports, deficiency notices, attendance records, and any other reports pertaining to the assigned course.
12. Participates in the formation of policies and regulations and assists in enforcing the regulations.
Informs department chairperson/program coordinator in writing of any pending problem that might have a detrimental effect on the college.
13. Participates in faculty and professional organizations.
14. Attends scheduled monthly departmental/program meetings when there is no conflict with a professional responsibility.
15. Distributes to all students each term a course outline which covers the class requirements, grading procedure, attendance requirements, and objectives the instructor feels are appropriate.