Executive Assistant 1
Posting #: 3203
Position Status: Full-time regular
Location: San Diego
Position Type: Staff, Facilities
Executive Assistant 1; Facilities ManagementPosting #
The University of San Diego, a contemporary and engaged Roman Catholic institution, was founded by the Diocese of San Diego and the Society of the Sacred Heart in 1949. Governed by an independent board of trustees since 1972, USD remains committed to a liberal arts education grounded in the Catholic intellectual tradition and the pursuit of truth, goodness and beauty. Inspired by this centuries old tradition of Catholic higher education, the University welcomes people of all faith traditions and any, or no, religious background. The future success of USD relies on the contributions of those who seek to foster the development of engaged global citizens and an earnest confrontation of humanity’s urgent challenges.Detailed Description:
This recruitment is “Department Only”. Only non-temporary regular benefit-based employees currently working for this department are eligible to apply and be considered for this position.
Under supervision, executes various executive level administrative duties for Facilities Management and provides direct support to the Assistant Vice President and three Directors in all functions such as calendar management, scheduling, and meeting deadlines. Other duties include but are not limited to: customer service, coordination of all personnel actions for approximately 200 employees, payroll processing, formulating and generating reports/correspondence, word processing, spreadsheets, data base, record keeping, photocopying, answering telephones, special projects, and various other activities related to the Facilities Management Operations. Deals with highly sensitive issues and confidential matters.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coordinates a high volume of departmental events/meetings with various members of the university community and outside vendors/customers securing space & catering as needed
- Deals with highly sensitive material/meetings and is required to hold a high degree of professionalism and confidentiality
- Manages the flow of information sent by the AVP. Coordinates FM-wide initiatives for the AVP, including follow up and adherence to deadlines
- Prepares and coordinates meeting materials and presentations
- Responsible for the consolidation of materials such as goals, reports, metrics and provides updates
- Records and transcribes meeting minutes
- Coordinates travel arrangements for conferences and seminars
- Prepares Personnel Actions for hiring, status changes and termination of employees, assures that all preliminary paperwork is complete before final approval is obtained.
- Process and tracks departmental Performance Management documentation of employee evaluations. Assure that all signatures and necessary information is on forms prior to final approval and submittal to human resources.
- Prepares personnel requisitions for posting of positions
- Assists with coordinating interviews and making preliminary phone screenings
- Assists in hiring of up to 60 seasonal employees coordinating all functions such as background checks and new hire paperwork
- Prepares proposal to hires ensuring proper hiring practices are followed
- Keeps confidential employee database up to date and provides current list for EOC
- Tracks and processes all leave of absences working closely with human resources
- Maintains and up-dates department files on computer.
- Assists in the preparation of fiscal year information pertaining to salary ranges, salary grades, equity adjustments, merit increase percentage available, position openings and changes.
- Prepare daily absence report
- Process all vacation/sick request and process absentee reports as needed
- Review bi-weekly timecards for accuracy
- Accurately tracks administrator vacation/sick usage and reports to the AVP monthly and the VP’s office at the end of each fiscal year
- Assist employees with discrepancies on pay and process corrections as needed
- Pick-up, sort and distribute checks
- Answers several incoming telephone lines, take clear and concise messages
- Assist with customer service calls coming in through the help desk, enter maintenance work orders and provide support as needed
- Provide clerical support: writing and sending out correspondence
- Establish and maintain a positive and cooperative working relationship with facilities personnel, USD employees, visitors and vendors.
- Greets visitors, students, faculty and staff. Answer inquiries and provide information, directions and other assistance as needed
- Assists in coordinating repair and maintenance of all office equipment with procurement and vendors.
- Assist in taking inventory, maintaining and ordering equipment and office supplies as necessary.
- Attend seminars and workshops related to responsibilities.
- Perform other duties as requested and/or directed
- Cross training on all Administrative Office Functions required
- High School Diploma
- Minimum three years of experience providing support at an executive level
Bachelor's degree preferred
Performance Expectations - Knowledge Skills and Abilities:
- Must be a motivated self-starter, able to asses needs of AVP and Directors schedules with little direction
- Must possess a valid driver’s license and will be required to drive university vehicles
- Must possess good interpersonal skills, including tact, diplomacy, flexibility, the ability to work well with diverse personalities.
- Excellent communications skills both written and oral.
- Practical knowledge of office operations. Five years experience in an office/academic environment.
- Skill to organize/prioritize work to meet deadlines and to manage time effectively with the flexibility to adapt to changing conditions with frequent interruptions.
- Knowledge of alphabetical and numerical filing systems; skills in setting-up and maintaining files for easy retrieval; ability to group subject matter for filing.
- Ability to operate a photocopier and facsimile machine
- Exceptional computer skills, computer literate in Microsoft Office, Windows, Excel, Access, Word, Power Point, and Visio
- Oracle HR Module and Finance Module knowledge a plus
- Experience on a Computer Maintenance Management Program a plus
- Ability to exercise discretion when working with sensitive/confidential subjects/material.
- Ability to establish and maintain cooperative and effective work relationships with University Personnel, students, vendors, and various agencies.
- Ability to type 65wpm. Typing experience with a personal computer and typewriter.
- Hands on experience with a 10 key calculator.
- Bilingual in Spanish a plus
- Ability to handle a large volume of telephone calls.
- Skills in proofreading work for grammar, spelling, punctuation, typographic and arithmetic errors, and make appropriate corrections.
- Ability to work with varying levels of supervision.
- Ability to assume responsibility, think clearly, logically, meet deadlines, and use sound judgment.
- Understands the importance of customer service and has the ability to follow-up as well as communicate to FM and the campus clients.
Tools & Equipment Used:
Computer, telephones, fax, Xerox machine and other related office equipment.
Background check: Successful completion of a pre-employment background check.
Degree Verification Requirement: Persons offered employment in this position will be required to provide official education transcripts for degree verification purposes.Posting Salary:
Commensurate with experience; Excellent Benefits.
The University of San Diego offers a very competitive benefits package, to include medical, dental, vision, a retirement contribution given to you by the University (with three year vesting period), and access to on-campus Fitness Centers. Please visit the benefits section of our website to view all of the perks and benefits that USD has to offer. USD: Human Resources: Benefits
Resume Required Click 'Apply Now' to complete our online application and, for full consideration, please upload a resume to your application profile for the hiring managers’ review. If you have any questions or difficulties please contact the Employment Services Team at 619-260-6806, or email us at [email protected]Additional Details:
Closing date: April 12, 2021
The University of San Diego is an equal opportunity employer committed to diversity and inclusion and is especially interested in candidates who can contribute to the diversity and excellence of the campus community.
The University of San Diego is a smoking and tobacco-free campus. For more information, visit www.sandiego.edu/smokefree.
Advertised: April 08, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time
Applications close: April 12, 2021 Pacific Daylight Time