Business Service Representative
Actively develop job opportunities for WIOA (Workforce Innovation and Opportunity Act) participants.
1. Regularly contact employers to discuss services, employer needs and qualifications of participants with personnel representatives.
2. Develop job leads by contacting employers, company contacts and computerized job leads
3. Cultivate a variety of job training options, including on-the-job training.
4. Refer grant participants to job leads, send resumes of qualified participants to businesses with job leads and arrange interviews
5. Participate in all Chicago Cook Workforce Partnership business-related meetings and events, including monthly Business Service Team meetings and conference calls.
6. Develop and schedule pre-employment workshops on job search skills.
7. Participate in presentations on- and off-campus, including Triton-related events and classroom workshops and presentations.
8. Schedule appointments with new participants to discuss job search strategies, resumes and program requirements.
9. Learn WIOA-provided tools and services (i.e. Career Connect) to announce and track job leads and job orders.
10. Other duties as assigned
Director of Career Services
Bachelor's degree in business, counseling or related field of study. Bilingual in Spanish a plus.
One to two years of work experience in occupational job training, employer relations, pre-employment skills preparation, personnel/human resources, business, industry or human services.
Knowledgeable of job development and pre-employment training fields.
Demonstrate competence in working with personnel specialists within business, industry and government. Proven ability to connect with and develop key business/employer contacts, creating job opportunities.