Employer Relations Specialist
Strategically cultivates and strengthens corporate relations with and between employers, students, alumni, and faculty to maximize student employment and internship opportunities in accordance with the college's strategic plan and departmental goals. Provides leadership in the creation and management of an employer advisory board.
1. Strategically identify and build relationships with district, regional, and state employers for recruitment of students and alumni.
2. Work with employers to develop marketing strategies for enhancement of employer presence on campus; evaluate appropriateness of employer expectations; assist with diversity recruitment; promote adherence to office procedures and deadlines, interviewing protocols, offer/accept lead times, and ethical/professional conduct. Discuss student feedback with employers and notify director of problematic employer activities/behavior and significant trends.
3. Collaborate with designated college faculty and staff to increase employment and develop internship and cooperative education opportunities for students.
4. Organize and set the annual recruiting calendar, including all deadlines and processes. Schedule dates for employer information sessions, interviews, and fairs.
5. Manage the coordination of career events. Oversee the communication between appropriate campus departments and program participants. Conduct on-going assessment and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such events.
6. Establishes and enforces guidelines for student participation in the recruiting program including recruiting deadlines, procedures, and schedules.
7. Design and develop marketing material to employers, including website content, compose content and coordinate timing of communications to employers.
8. Conduct ongoing assessment of employer relation's efforts and provide feedback as to the effectiveness of such efforts. Oversee the management of the recruitment-tracking database.
9. Attend administrative staff meetings, participate in professional development activities, and represent career services on campus and in the community as needed
10. Participate in other duties assigned by the director
Director of Career Services
Bachelor's degree in student affairs, human resource management, business, or a related discipline. . Master's degree preferred.
Three years of experience in a corporate or university career services environment. Experience with college recruiting, from a higher education or a business perspective Experience in marketing, negotiation, and strategic planning
Must possess a dynamic, professional demeanor with exceptional organization, written and oral communication skills; ability to oversee multiple tasks with attention to detail, a motivated/enthusiastic work style; ability to work in a fast-paced environment with a broad range of internal and external constituents including students, employers, alumni, faculty, and staff.
Demonstrated abilities in interpersonal relations, organization, management, communication, problem solving, oral and written communication, and presentation skills. High energy, enthusiasm, flexibility, and ability to deal with multiple projects desirable. Demonstrated ability to work independently and as a team helpful. Must have a valid driver's license.