Head Coach, Men's Basketball
Administration and AthleticsDepartment Website Link:Location:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Head Coach, Men’s Basketball is directly responsible for creating plays and schemes for game day. They are responsible for directing the team during competition and practices, conducting team meetings, implementing schedules, developing, and evaluating student-athletes.
The University’s strength in undergraduate education and scientific research is paralleled by its excellence on the playing fields, courts and other venues of its 21-sport Intercollegiate Athletic Program. The Arizona Wildcats compete in the tradition-rich Pacific-12 Conference, “The Conference of Champions.” For a more comprehensive view of what makes working in our department unique, please visit the websites at: www.arizonawildcats.com.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work‐life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.
Duties & Responsibilities:
- Coaching student-athletes at all practices, scheduled games/competitions, and post season; helping to prepare team physically and mentally for competition.
- Direct game preparation and strategy.
- Coordinating conditioning and training schedules with Strength and Conditioning Staff.
- Oversee recruiting activities for men’s basketball department including:
- Travel to competitions and conduct home visits with prospective student-athletes
- Monitor prospective recruits and incoming correspondence
- View and analyze videos of prospective student-athletes
- Qualitatively select athletes most appropriate for the men’s basketball program
- Ensure academic assistance and monitoring.
- Act as a public relation contact as needed.
- Scouting and film editing.
- Coordinate team responsibilities with regards to all support groups within the athletic department.
- Educate new coaches/staff members on proper techniques and desired philosophies of the athletic department and the men’s basketball program.
- Follow all NCAA, Pac-12 Conference, and University of Arizona policies and procedures.
- Additional duties as assigned.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Commitment to academic and athletic success
- Strong organizational and administrative skills
- Sound written and verbal communication skills
- Possess a working knowledge of Pac-12 rules
- Ability to problem solve and make decisions
- Ability to multi-task with frequent interruptions
- Dedication and motivation to initiate, lead and support value-added projects
- Meticulous attention to detail
- Self-motivated, results-oriented, and has a positive demeanor
- Demonstrated organizational skills, including the ability to plan, establish priorities and successfully manage multiple priority projects
- Demonstrated ability to develop and maintain positive interpersonal relations
- Demonstrated ability to communicate effectively with individuals at all organizational levels, and project a positive, professional attitude
- Bachelor’s degree
- Competitive playing and/or coaching experience at the collegiate or professional level
- Experience and knowledge of NCAA rules
- Must be available to work a flexible schedule including nights and weekends
- Coaching experience at the collegiate level
- Coaching experience at the NCAA Division I level
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
40 hours + Nights and WeekendsJob FTE:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Type of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
All Applicants please apply on-line at www.turnkeyzrg.com.
131 Kings Highway E, Haddonfield, NJ 08033
4/8/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
To apply for this position, applicants must submit a cover letter and resume atwww.turnkeyzrg.com.Diversity Statement:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.