Marketing and Communications Manager Global Locations
Arizona GlobalDepartment Website Link:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Global Locations Marketing & Communications Manager works directly with the Office of Global Education, regional staff, and international partner universities to support the University of Arizona’s Global Locations Partnership Programs, Global Direct Programs (online courses offered abroad), and AZ Abroad Partnership Programs.
The Marketing & Communications Manager is a critical member of the Office of Global Education, which provides service and support to nearly 1,500 undergraduate and 100 graduate students across the world. The Office of Global Education staff strives to uphold the highest professional standards and is dedicated to working in the best interest of students.
The Marketing & Communications Manager will be responsible for helping to develop marketing and communications strategies and will oversee tactical marketing execution for the Office of Global Education, raising awareness and supporting enrollments of University of Arizona programs offered abroad for international students, as well as study abroad opportunities offered for domestic students at global partner locations. The incumbent will serve as a direct liaison to global partner universities, will create content and manage content flow globally, and will produce digital and traditional marketing materials to support all strategic efforts.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
TheUniversity of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-lifeprograms. For more information about working at the University of Arizona andrelocations services, please visit talent.arizona.edu
- Collaborate with the Office of Global Education team, regional leads, international partners, and the UA Global marketing team on marketing and communications needs related to partnerships abroad including dual degree programs.
- Work with University of Arizona Marketing and Brand Management on behalf of the Office of Global Education in relation to global partnerships.
- Collaborate with selected partner institutions to create and implement marketing/communications plans that incorporate targeted, multimedia campaigns (concepts, messaging, visuals, additional assets, content calendars, and timelines).
- Develop marketing toolkits for selected partners.
- Assist with the development and promotion of webinars and events.
- Create flyers, brochures, social posts and other digital and traditional materials independently and in collaboration with the UA Global marketing team.
- Develop process flows for content gathering worldwide (pipeline with clear expectations between the University of Arizona in Tucson and our location managers abroad).
- Ensure deliverables are produced to expectations and in a timely manner.
- Assist Global Direct team with communications for current students taking University of Arizona courses online abroad.
- Collaborate with AZ Abroad team to create overall marketing strategy for AZ Abroad Locations.
- Collaborate with curriculum integration manager to help departments establish marketing strategy for their global tracks.
- Create and help departments implement marketing toolkits for established global tracks (social media, email campaigns, nudge reminders around application deadlines, digital display signage, etc.).
- Create flyers and digital postings for student engagement activities and coordinate with UA Global marketing to advertise events on website and social media.
- Collaborate with partners to advertise events through their communication channels
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities
- Strong knowledgeand experience with graphic design (InDesign, Photoshop, Illustrator).
- Video creation.
- Content creation and management for social media.
- Superb written communication skills (advertising copy, social media copy, andpublic relations writing).
- Knowledge and familiarity with the organization of international universities would be beneficial in this role, in addition to knowledge and experience working with social media and in Adobe Creative Suite.
- Bachelor's degree
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Communication and MarketingBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
7Career Stream and Level:
Communications & MarketingType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/3/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/8/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.