Community Outreach Professional II
Pima County OfficeDepartment Website Link:Location:
County Extensions and FarmsAddress:
Tucson, AZ USAPosition Highlights:
The Program Coordinator position will provide multiple program and activity support to the Family and Consumer Science programs that are housed at Pima County Cooperative Extension. Note that this position has the ability to remain remote for up to 3 to 4 days per week, with in person office work at least 1 day per week.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please click here.Duties & Responsibilities:
· Perform clerical duties as needed such as processing travel authorizations, reimbursement transactions, scheduling of conference room, and ordering of program materials.
· Work with community partners and facilitators to build schedule and advertise for family engagement and The Garden Kitchen classes.
· Set up and manage class registration systems. Assist with logistics for Family Engagement Program trainings including securing room, child care, food and RSVPs.
· When necessary, deliver food or fill in with child care if scheduling or staffing requires assistance.
· Create and edit communications and promotional materials for distribution such as articles, social media postings, videos, website updates, email blasts, interviews, presentations, or flyers to publicize program offerings.
· Assist in the development of data systems to collect, enter and analyze demographic, numerical and evaluation data from training using online survey platforms and Microsoft Excel.
· Assist in preparation of proposals and reports for funders or outside agencies.
· Recruit and maintain relationships with program participants and site partners to fulfill programmatic goals utilizing appropriate methods of marketing and relationship building.
· Order materials and supplies for program implementation and administrative functions.
· Oversee AmeriCorps members and interns and needed.· Assist with program budgeting and expenditure tracking.
· Knowledge of issues pertaining to area of assignment.
· Ability to learn new computer programs.
· Knowledge of organizational practices.
· Skill in organizing work of self and others.
· Ability to effectively communicate.
Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience is required.
Experience in budgeting and accounting principles.
Experience in Microsoft Word, Microsoft Excel, Adobe Acrobat.
Experience creating promotional materials.
Experience with social media outreach using Facebook, Instagram and YouTube.
Experience in supervisory practices and principles.
Valid Driver's License and ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.Preferred Qualifications:FLSA:
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
Outreach and Community EngagementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
6Career Stream and Level:
Cmty OutreachJob Function:
Outreach & Community EngageType of criminal background check required::
Fingerprint criminal background check (security sensitive due to job duties)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
5/3/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
4/8/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution and a Native American/Alaska Native-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.