Associate Director of Alumni Relations
Eller AdministrationDepartment Website Link:
1130 E Helen Street, Tucson, AZ 85721 USAPosition Highlights:
The Eller College of Management seeks an enthusiastic professional to join the development, alumni relations and special events team as the Associate Director of Alumni Relations. This position will be responsible for the planning and implementation of programs and projects that strategically engage alumni in strengthening relationships for Eller College. This position is a member of the University Alumni Development Program (UADP) and subject to joint management by the Eller College of Management and the University of Arizona Foundation as specified in the Development Services and Asset Management Agreement dated August 2016.
The Eller College of Management at the University of Arizona is internationally recognized for pioneering research, innovative curriculum, distinguished faculty, and excellence in management information systems, entrepreneurship, and social responsibility. A leading business school in the United States, the Eller College is ranked by U.S. News & World Report in the top 20 among undergraduate business programs as well as for specialty programs in entrepreneurship and management information systems. In addition to a Full-time MBA program, the Eller College of Management offers an Evening MBA program, the Eller Executive MBA, the Online MBA and a wide variety of specialty graduate programs.
As we work toward our mission to discover and share new knowledge that shapes the future of business and to educate the next generation of responsible, global leaders who embody the changing business world and possess the knowledge and drive to impact it, we recognize the value of diversity and inclusion. We invite all qualified individuals to apply to join us in achieving our mission.
Note: Will be required to work evenings and/or weekends as necessary.
Outstanding UA benefits include health, dental, and vision insurance plans; life insurance and disability programs; paid vacation, sick leave, and holidays; UA/ASU/NAU tuition reduction for the employee and qualified family members; state and optional retirement plans; access to UA recreation and cultural activities; and more!
The University of Arizona has been recognized for our innovative work-life programs. For more information about working at the University of Arizona and relocations services, please visit http://talent.arizona.edu.Duties & Responsibilities:
Eller Alumni Engagement:
- Responsible for creating and implementing an overall comprehensive One-College approach to an Eller alumni engagement strategy working with all departments, programs, and centers. This includes alumni from undergraduate and graduate programs through in-person, online, global, weekend, executive, certificate, or Triple E programs.
- Cultivate and steward relationships with Eller/BPA alumni to help enhance engagement with the College, various departments, programs and centers.
- Work collaboratively with all academic departments, centers, and program staff members to ensure the ROI is in the best interest of the Eller College. Meet regularly with this group of individuals to promote collaboration of a comprehensive alumni plan for the entire college.
- Manage all alumni relations efforts through the central Eller Alumni office to ensure clear communication and engagement with alumni college-wide.
- Collaborate with the UA Alumni Association on various programs such as Homecoming, travel program, career services, awards and recognition.
- Create and develop an Eller Alumni Career and Mentor program that assists alumni with posting of job opportunities, career transitions, mentoring each other or current students.
- Create, develop, and implement a comprehensive alumni volunteer program to include but not limited to Eller Alumni Advisory Council and Reunion Planning/Gift Committees, and mentors programming.
- Represent the Eller alumni and development team at various events on campus and within the college among departments, programs, and centers, including UDP functions and meetings.
- Educate current Eller students about the history and heritage of the Eller College and the importance of “paying it forward.”
- Responsible for monitoring and delegating alumni engagement requests to specific departments and programs; ensuring that follow through has occurred and the alumnus has become engaged with the College.
- Develop, market, and promote an Eller Alumni store including selection of items.
- Manage and develop a budget and provide statistical reports.
- Ensures college-wide alumni engagement activities (i.e. event attendees, guest lectures, judges, interview volunteers, etc.) are accurately recorded on constituent records in Lynx, the UDP's alumni and donor database. This will help with the Eller College’s overall alumni engagement scorecard presented yearly to the UA President.
- Create an overall annual action plan and annual report to help maintain overall goals and objectives in a timely manner.
- Ensure alumni are coded properly in Lynx, address updates, coding of various clubs and organizations affiliated with the Eller College of Management.
- Serve as the liaison for the UA Alumni Association and serve on various committees representing Eller.
- Manage a graduate assistant, student worker projects, and alumni volunteers.
- Responsible for five to ten monthly personal visits with Eller alumni to determine their interests, capacity and philanthropic interests in supporting and being engaged with the college.
- Assist with identifying major gift prospects who can be cultivated and stewarded for gifts of more than $25,000 by the Eller development team.
- Work with the Development Coordinator on annual giving efforts with the UDP's Annual Giving Office for alumni giving appeals and class gift campaigns.
- Develop and implement Executive in Residence program for high profile alumni and donors.
- Assist in increasing the alumni-giving rate to 10-15% in the next five years.
- Work with Eller Marketing and Communication (MarComm) team to develop a comprehensive alumni communication plan including being responsible for developing alumni content for social media, website, videos, and various publications.
- Responsible for the logistics of the Bear Down Network and utilize it as a communication tool for alumni engagement.
- Responsible for the Eller Alumni E-Newsletter content and distribution.
- Implement and promote a career-networking/mentoring program to engage alumni of all ages.
- Work closely with the MarComm team to ensure that the Eller brand is represented in all aspects of alumni relations.
Special Events and Recognition:
- Responsible for developing an alumni special events strategy and calendar with the Associate Director of Special Events. This position is not responsible for the event logistics but is responsible for the marketing, messaging, coordination not limited to, Homecoming, Reunions, and Eller Evenings.
- Develop an alumni awards and recognition program which will highlight alumni achievements and life changes (i.e. honorary alumnus, community, University awards, recognize and honor emeritus alumni, legacies, marriages, career changes, deceased, etc.)
- In coordination with the UA Alumni Association, develop an Eller Alumni Travel Abroad Trip.
- Publicly speak to Eller College alumni and donors at special events, including events with large crowds as well as intimate settings.
- Position drives university golf cart to transport alumni and other special guests as needed. Also needs to be able to provide own transportation to multiple sites and events.
- Bachelor's degree or equivalent advanced learning attained through professional level experience required.
- Minimum of 3 years of relevant work experience.
- Experience in developing and maintaining goodworking relationships and teamwork.
- Demonstrated experience in solving problemsand making good decisions while being an effective team player.
- Experience using Word, PowerPoint, Excel, and social media platforms.
- Experience in project management,communication, and organization.
- A valid driver's license with the ability to drive according to the University Fleet Safety Policy.
• Master’s degree
• Eller Graduate
ExemptFull Time/Part Time:
Full TimeNumber of Hours Worked per Week:
University AdvancementBenefits Eligible:
Yes - Full BenefitsRate of Pay:
$55,000 - $65,000Compensation Type:
salary at 1.0 full-time equivalency (FTE)Grade:
8Career Stream and Level:
Alumni RelationsJob Function:
University AdvancementType of criminal background check required::
Name-based criminal background check (non-security sensitive)Number of Vacancies:
1Target Hire Date:
4/16/2021Expected End Date:
Contact Information for Candidates:
Phoebe Chalk Wadsworth
Senior Director of Development
4/7/2021Open Until Filled:
YesDocuments Needed to Apply:
Resume and Cover LetterSpecial Instructions to Applicant:
At the University of Arizona, we value our inclusive climate because we know that diversity in experiences and perspectives is vital to advancing innovation, critical thinking, solving complex problems, and creating an inclusive academic community. As an Hispanic-serving institution, we translate these values into action by seeking individuals who have experience and expertise working with diverse students, colleagues, and constituencies. Because we seek a workforce with a wide range of perspectives and experiences, we provide equal employment opportunities to applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, age, disability, veteran status, sexual orientation, gender identity, or genetic information. As an Employer of National Service, we also welcome alumni of AmeriCorps, Peace Corps, and other national service programs and others who will help us advance our Inclusive Excellence initiative aimed at creating a university that values student, staff and faculty engagement in addressing issues of diversity and inclusiveness.