Administrative Assistant I
University of Colorado | Denver
Administrative Assistant I
Student and Community Counseling Center
Position # 753642, Requisition #20725
As Colorado’s public urban research university, the University of Colorado Denver educates a diverse student body through quality academics, ambitious research, creative work, and civic engagement in the city we call home. CU Denver graduates gain the powerful combination of immersive classroom and real-world experience that are in demand today. The city benefits from well-educated, top talent and a new generation of knowledge that fuels the future of Denver and our region. We are CU in the City.CU Denver offers more than 100 degree programs, from the bachelor’s to the doctoral level, in the heart of downtown. Here, more than 15,000 students pursue academic programs that range from global energy management to music industry studies to criminal justice. As part of the state’s largest public university system, CU Denver is a major contributor to the Colorado economy, with nearly 2,500 employees and annual economic impact of $800 million.The Student and Community Counseling Center at the University of Colorado Denver Campus has an opening for a full-time, State Classified Administrative Assistant I position. Job Summary:
The purpose of this full-time, state classified, Administrative Assistant I position is to provide office support to the Student and Community Counseling Center. This position is the first point of contact for the University Counseling Center on many levels, either in person, by telephone, or via email in a high-volume setting. This role will provide coverage at the front desk of the center to welcome clients and visitors; to answer phones, provide information re: center services; to provide and assist with administrative support activities; to facilitate referrals to appropriate resources; to assist with projects as assigned by the Program Administrator and center leadership, etc.This position is responsible for greeting and interacting with prospective clients, visitors and/or campus partners. This position also manages the electronic scheduling database (titanium) with the understanding of client confidentiality and appropriate handling of all legal and critical documents. This position handles correspondence, answers telephones, and manages/schedules the counseling center rooms. This is a critical and important position, since it is the first point of contact to the CU Denver Counseling Center. For duties to be performed, it is anticipated that the position will be flexible as determined by Counseling Center leadership.Examples of Work Performed:Front Desk Coordinator and Communication – 85%
- Functions as a primary point of contact for all visitors to the student and community counseling center.
- Greets and directs visitors as they arrive.
- Answers and directs all incoming calls for the office.
- Manages electronic database and scheduling system (Titanium software).
- Provides day to day assistance with general office tasks.
- Schedules prospective client appointments with staff.
- Coordinates and determines counseling staff availability and creates appointments in Titanium Software.
- Maintains Counseling Center electronic board.
- Schedules the Counseling Center Conference Room.
- Maintains the Counseling Center Front desk and waiting area.
The starting base salary range is $2,507 - $2,772 / month (non-negotiable)**The salary offered is usually the minimum listed, however, a salary above the minimum may be offered for some hard to fill positions.This position is eligible for overtime compensationThe above hiring range represents the University’s good faith and reasonable estimate of the range of possible compensation at the time of posting. The individual in this position may also be eligible for additional pay on top of the base salary, in recognition of certain critical skills and/or certifications.Your total compensation goes beyond the number on your paycheck. The University of Colorado provides generous leave, health plans and retirement contributions that add to your bottom line.Benefits: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/benefits
Total Compensation Calculator: https://www.cu.edu/employee-services/total-compensationAdditional Information:
Please click here for information on disability accommodations: http://www.ucdenver.edu/about/departments/HR/jobs/Pages/JobsatCUDenver.aspxReference checks are a standard step in our hiring process. You may be asked to provide contact information, including e-mail addresses, for up to 5 references if you are referred to the Hiring Authority for an interview. We will notify you prior to contacting both on and off-list references.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is dedicated to ensuring a safe and secure environment for our faculty, staff, students and visitors. To assist in achieving that goal, we conduct background investigations for all prospective employees.The University of Colorado Denver | Anschutz Medical Campus is committed to recruiting and supporting a diverse student body, faculty and administrative staff. The university strives to promote a culture of inclusiveness, respect, communication and understanding. We encourage applications from women, ethnic minorities, persons with disabilities and all veterans. The University of Colorado is committed to diversity and equality in education and employment.Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis.
Please make sure to include the following in your resume: job title, duties, months and years employed, and average hours per week worked as minimum experience is calculated on a 40 hour/week basis. Minimum Qualifications:
One year of general clerical or administrative experience. Substitution: Appropriate education will substitute for the required experience on a year-for-year basis.Condition of Employment:
- Colorado law requires that candidates for state government jobs be residents of Colorado at the time of application. Must be willing and able to work the following schedule: Monday - Thursday, 11am - 8pm; Friday 9am - 5pm.
- Two (2) years of general clerical or administrative experience.
- Experience working in a higher education environment.
- Experience working in mental health or related agency.
- Experience scheduling appointments and maintaining conference rooms or space.
- Experience working as the first point of contact, greeting customers, and providing information.
- Highly developed skills serving in a fast-paced customer service environment.
- Ability to work independently as well as part of a team.
- Ability to work with student staff to execute the mission of the office.
- Ability to communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
- Excellent interpersonal skills and the ability to build rapport with a wide variety of individuals.
- Time management and organizational skills.
- Ability to establish priorities in a customer service setting.
- Ability to work effectively with internal and external stakeholders.
- Ability to exercise tact and diplomacy in a variety of situations.
- Ability to manage mental health crisis situations.
- Knowledge and proficiency in MS Office programs.
Job Category: Administrative Support and Related
Primary Location: Denver
Posting Date: Apr 7, 2021
Unposting Date: Apr 17, 2021, 11:59:00 PM