Accounting Associate-Illinois Human Resources (144730)
Illinois Human Resources
University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign
Illinois is a world leader in research, teaching, and public engagement. We serve the state, the nation, and the world by creating knowledge, preparing students for lives of impact, and addressing critical societal needs through the transfer and application of knowledge. Illinois is the place where we embrace difference. We embrace it because we value it. Illinois is especially interested in candidates who can contribute, through their research, teaching, and/or service, to the diversity and excellence of the Illinois community.
The University of Illinois is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action employer that recruits and hires qualified candidates without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, age, national origin, disability or veteran status. For more information, visit http://go.illinois.edu/EEO.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES:
- Provide fiscal oversight and expenditure analysis for the units? ensuring compliance with policies and procedures.
- Approve/reject purchasing/expenditures on all fund sources (state, ICR, self-funded, gift, agency, contract and grants) on behalf of all units up to the preset authorization level? determine whether purchase/expense is appropriate, coded correctly and follows all OBFS/SPA policies and procedures.
- Serve as IHR purchasing expert, assist with processing and training as needed.
- Act as Department Card Manager for both P-Card and T-Card holders.
- Supervise monthly and year-end reconciliation of account statements for all units.
- Assist with post-award grant administration (allowable expense tracking, grant fund reconciliation and program reporting requirements).
- Serve as a resource for interpretation of policies, systems/processes review, troubleshooting, and other issues on all fund sources.
- Serve as liaison between OBFS and other central University financial offices. Determine what information is applicable to IHR operations and communicate that detail to all appropriate parties.
- Educate units as needed on new processes/procedures.
- Process HR transactions related to specific employee groups and departmental requests, (new hires, lump-sum payments, prior pay adjustments, current pay adjustments, ANAs, earnings transfers, overpayments, separations, and rehire retiree processing).
- Process qualified and non-qualified scholarships, prizes, and awards for students and/or employees.
- Educate units as needed on new processes/procedures.
(1) Bachelor's degree with a major in Accountancy or a related field AND two (2) years of professional level accounting experience. OR (2) Possession of current registration as a Certified Public Accountant (CPA), Certified Management Accountant, or a valid license to practice Public Accounting (LPA). OR (3) Master's degree in Accountancy or a related field.
3-5 years of experience working with university accounting policies and procedures. Experience with Banner and TEM systems, P-Card and T-Card policies and procedures, and year-end fact sheets.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities:
- Knowledge of bookkeeping practices/procedures and standard accounting techniques.
- Ability to use computer programs for word processing, spreadsheets and databases for the purposes of financial records management and analysis.
- Excellent verbal and written communications skills, problem-solving and analytical ability.
- Demonstrated ability to self-motivate? show strong attention to detail with evidence of initiating action to change.
SALARY AND APPOINTMENT INFORMATION
This is a full-time Civil Service Accounting Associate position appointed on a -month service basis. The expected start date is as soon as possible after the close of the search. Salary will be commensurate with experience.
Applications must be received by April 22, 2021. Apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. If you have not applied before, you must create your candidate profile at http://jobs.illinois.edu. If you already have a profile, you will be redirected to that existing profile via email notification. To complete the application process:Step 1) Submit the Staff Vacancy Application.Step 2) Submit the Voluntary Self-Identification of Disability forms.Step 3) Upload the following documents:
In order to be considered as a transfer candidate, you must apply for this position using the “Apply for Position” button below. Applications not submitted through this website will not be considered. For further information about this specific position, contact Felice Long-Lewis at [email protected]. For questions about the application process, please contact 217-333-2137.
The University of Illinois conducts criminal background checks on all job candidates upon acceptance of a contingent offer.
The University of Illinois System requires candidates selected for hire to disclose any documented finding of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment and to authorize inquiries to current and former employers regarding findings of sexual misconduct or sexual harassment. For more information, visit Policy on Consideration of Sexual Misconduct in Prior Employment
College Name or Administrative Unit:Office of the Chancellor Category:2-Administrative Title:Accounting Associate-Illinois Human Resources (144730) Open Date:04/08/2021 Close Date:04/22/2021 Organization Name:Illinois Human Resources Operations