CISLM Program Coordinator
Permanent Staff (SHRA)Is this an internal only recruitment?:
Business Services Coordinator - JourneyWorking Title:
CISLM Program CoordinatorPosition Number:
P012586Budgeted Hiring Range:
$40,306 – $44,784Pay Band Information:
To learn more about the pay band for this branch and role, please see the Career Banding rates spreadsheet.Salary Grade Equivalent:
Full-Time Time-LimitedIf time-limited, estimated duration of appointment:
3 yearsHours per week:
Monday – Friday, 8 a.m. – 5 p.m.Department Name and Number:
School of Journalism and Media-350100Date First Posted:
Chapel Hill, NCPosition Posting Category:
Administrative/Clerical SupportDepartment Description:
The mission of the UNC Hussman School of Journalism and Media is to prepare students to ignite the public conversation in our state, the nation and the world, and to understand the role of communication in fostering democracy. The school offers bachelor’s, master’s and doctoral degrees, and administers a variety of professional development and distance-learning programs. Enrollment includes about 1,000 undergraduates and 125 graduate students in addition to professional development and distance education students. Our faculty members are international thought leaders whose scholarly and creative activities are visible and respected in the public realm.
The Center for Innovation and Sustainability (CISLM) supports established and emerging local news organizations through applied research on economic sustainability and entrepreneurship as well as innovative news and digital product solutions. The Center is funded by grants from the John S. and James L. Knight Foundation and UNC’s Office of the Executive Vice Chancellor & Provost. For additional information please visit https://www.cislm.org/.Equal Opportunity Employer:
The University of North Carolina at Chapel Hill is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to age, color, disability, gender, gender expression, gender identity, genetic information, race, national origin, religion, sex, sexual orientation, or status as a protected veteran.Position Description:
This is a time-limited position with an expected duration of up to 3 years.
The Program Coordinator is responsible for providing administrative support and coordinating outreach and business operations of the Center. The position will:
- Oversee workshops, events, and program operational logistics. Collaborate with internal and external stakeholders to ensure the successful execution of events and programs.
- Oversee the development and design of marketing promotional materials, newsletters, websites, surveys, and social media. Assist the Center Director in fundraising.
- Manage all personnel actions for the unit, including hiring trainers, contractors and consultants; provide training resources; oversee internship programs.
- Monitor, interpret, and track project budgets to ensure strict cost controls.
- Draft correspondence; maintain all relevant records and files.
Bachelor’s degree in business administration or a related discipline; or an equivalent combination of training and experience. All degrees must be received from appropriately accredited institutions.Essential Skills, Knowledge and Abilities:
The successful candidate will bring the following knowledge, skills, and abilities to the position:
- Exceptional interpersonal skills and ability to build strong working relationships with stakeholders.
- Strong written communication skills.
- Ability to prioritize tasks and meet deadlines in a fast-paced environment.
- Working knowledge of MS Office applications including Word and Excel is required.
- Initiative and ability to proactively anticipate and resolve problems.
- Ability to work both independently while contributing to the team effort.
- Advanced user of MS Excel is preferred.
- Working knowledge of WordPress or comparable website management applications is preferred.
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative suite applications such as InDesign and Photoshop is a plus.
- Some accounting experience is a plus.