Open Rank - Lecturer or Teaching Assistant Professor - History
PG190835EPInternal Recruitment :
Open Rank - Lecturer or Teaching Assistant Professor - HistoryAnticipated Hiring Range:
Commensurate with experience and credentials.Work Schedule:
Varies Based on Teaching ScheduleJob Location:
Raleigh, NCDepartment :
HistoryAbout the Department:
The History Department is a diverse group of
scholars covering many areas of specialization. We pride ourselves on outstanding teaching. We offer small classes that allow a great deal of individual attention. In addition, our faculty advisers offer close contact and personal attention to each student. The History major is a place to get a “small college” education in a big state university.
The department of thirty professors has about two hundred fifty majors in three undergraduate programs—the Bachelor of Arts, the Bachelor of Arts with a Teacher Education Concentration, and the Bachelor of Sciences. All programs offer a great deal of student choice in courses and electives, allowing the pursuit of either a broad educational experience or a focused study.
Our 80 student graduate program offers two distinct degrees: the M.A. in History and the M.A. in Public History. However, both degree programs require a strong foundation in traditional history.Essential Job Duties:
- Candidates will be hired as a non-tenure track Lecturer or Teaching Assistant Professor based on credentials and qualifications.
- The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for the coordination, planning, preparation, presentation, and evaluation of classroom instruction and related activities. Each NTT Faculty will prepare his/her own syllabi for the class(es) he/she teaches.
- The successful candidate(s) will be responsible for performing duties during the day, evening, or weekend as assigned.
- The appointment may be available on a per course basis, short-term & part time for the 2021- 2022 academic year, all with the possibility of renewal.
- Perform all other duties as directed by the Department Head.
- Requires master’s degree, an equivalent degree, or equivalent professional experience.
- Strong commitment to excellence in teaching is expected.
- PhD or ABD in History or related field.
n/aValid NC Driver's License required:
NoCommercial Driver's License required:
NoJob Open Date:
03/04/2021Anticipated Close Date:
Open Until Filled.Special Instructions to Applicants:
In addition to your application, please submit the following required documents:
- Curriculum vita/resume
- Cover letter
- Contact information for references
- Sample syllabus (Other Doc 1)
- Assignments (Other Doc 2 and Other Doc 3 if needed)
This is a pooled position contingent on future need. Appointments are temporary, part-time, and may be available for the 2021/2022 academic year.Position Number:
Non-Tenure-Track FacultyFull Time Equivalent (FTE) (1.0 = 40 hours/week):
0.225 - 0.75Appointment:
9 Month RecurringMandatory Designation - Adverse Weather:
Non Mandatory - Adverse WeatherMandatory Designation - Emergency Events:
Non Mandatory - Emergency EventIs this position partially or fully funded on ARRA stimulus monies?:
160301 - HistoryAA/EOE:
NC State University is an equal opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, national origin, religion, sex, gender identity, age, sexual orientation, genetic information, status as an individual with a disability, or status as a protected veteran.
If you have general questions about the application process, you may contact Human Resources at (919) 515-2135 or [email protected] Individuals with disabilities requiring disability-related accommodations in the application and interview process, please call 919-515-3148.
Final candidates are subject to criminal & sex offender background checks. Some vacancies also require credit or motor vehicle checks. If highest degree is from an institution outside of the U.S., final candidates are required to have their degree equivalency verified at www.wes.org or equivalent service. Degree(s) must be obtained prior to start date in order to meet qualifications and receive credit.
NC State University participates in E-Verify. Federal law requires all employers to verify the identity and employment eligibility of all persons hired to work in the United States.