Payroll Analyst Job Number Full/Part Time Schedule Salary 23017777 Full Time 8AM - 5PM $50,000 - $98,600 Position Information Under the direction of the Payroll Manager in the Harvest Shared Services Center in the College of Natural and Agricultural Sciences (CNAS), the incumbent will execute transactions for multiple departments for academic and staff personnel. Key responsibilities include payroll processing, maintenance, and changes to ensure timely adherence to monthly and bi-weekly payroll calendars. The incumbent will also assist with staff personnel functions related to on-boarding, separations, and records maintenance, and help triage request to UCPath. Education Education Requirements Degree Requirement Bachelor's degree in related area and/or equivalent experience/training. Required
Experience Experience Requirement 2 - 4 years of related experience. Required
Minimum Requirements Thorough knowledge of all payroll processes, policies, and procedures; knowledge of organization-specific computer application programs.
Thorough knowledge of organizational processes, procedures, and possesses a strong understanding of organizational rules and regulations.
Strong judgment and decision-making skills; verbal, written and active listening communication skills. Uses strong interpersonal and service orientation skills in interactions with customers and colleagues. Excellent organizational skills and ability to multi-task.
Problem solving, problem identification, reasoning skills and ability to develop original ideas to solve problems.
Strong mathematical skills.
Preferred Qualifications Additional Information In the Heart of Inland Southern California, UC Riverside is located on nearly 1,200 acres near Box Springs Mountain in Southern California; the park-like campus provides convenient access to the vibrant and growing Inland region. The campus is a living laboratory for the exploration of issues critical to growing communities' air, water, energy, transportation, politics, the arts, history, and culture. UCR gives every student, faculty and staff member the resources to explore, engage, imagine and excel.
UC Riverside is recognized as one of the most ethnically diverse research universities in the country boasting several key rankings of which we are extremely proud.
- UC Riverside is proud to be ranked No. 12 among all U.S. universities, according to Money Magazine's 2020 rankings, and among the top 1 percent of universities worldwide, according to the 2019-20 Center for World University rankings.
- UC Riverside is the top university in the United States for social mobility. - U.S. News 2020
- UCR is a member of the University Innovation Alliance, the leading national coalition of public research universities committed to improving student success for low-income, first-generation, and students of color.
- Among top-tier universities, UC Riverside ranks No. 2 in financial aid. - Business Insider 2019
- Ranked No. 2 in the world for research, UCR's Department of Entomology maintains one of the largest collections of insect specimens the nation. - Center for World University Rankings
- UCR's distinguished faculty boasts 2 Nobel Laureates, and 13 members of the National Academies of Science and Medicine.
The University of California is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer with a strong institutional commitment to the achievement of excellence and diversity among its faculty and staff. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
For information about our generous employee benefits package, visit: Employee Benefits Overview
Job Description Details View complete Job Description for this position