Events and Administrative Coordinator
Events and Administrative Coordinator
St. Edward's University
Events and Administrative Coordinator
St. Edward's University of Austin, Texas invites applications for the position of Events and Administrative Coordinator. This position provides comprehensive administrative and clerical support to the Provost and Associate Vice Presidents (AVPs) in Academic Affairs. While supporting the mission of St. Edward's University.
Essential Responsibilities and Duties:
- Provide administrative support to Academic Affairs as directed by the Provost and the AVPs in Academic Affairs.
- Support activities for the Provost's office, including, but not limited to: answering phones and taking messages; preparing routine correspondence; researching and compiling information; meeting preparation including logistics, agendas and minutes; briefings and presentations; maintaining office files; and taking minutes of meetings in which the Provost is involved.
- Assist the AVPs with maintaining approvals for Argos for adjunct hires with the Office of Graduate and Professional Studies and other areas as directed.
- Prepare invoices for payment through the Banner System as directed by AVPs or Provost.
- Interact with the St. Edward's University community; serve as a point of contact for other offices on campus, schedule meetings, and, when appropriate, serve on internal committees.
- Plan and coordinate the Provost Office's sponsored special events including both spring Commencement ceremonies, fall, and spring Medallion Ceremonies, GradFest, Undergraduate Honors Night, Faculty Retirement Celebration, Emeritus Reception and Dinner, Council of Deans Reception and Dinner, General Faculty Meeting, faculty gathering meetings with President Martin, and faculty Coffee and Conversation meetings with the Provost.
- Maintain and regularly update the Faculty Support and Graduation Festivities web pages.
- Serve as the official public point of contact, particularly for all Commencement inquiries and questions.
- Work with IT to prepare and distribute dean and chair survey evaluations to faculty members each spring. Compile anonymous results and distribute to the respective deans and Provost.
- Assist Deans and Associate Vice Presidents of Academic Affairs with special projects as assigned.
- Display initiative consistently by proactively responding to situations arising in the area of responsibility.
- Maintain inventory and order office supplies as needed.
- Other duties as assigned.
For consideration, Associates's degree or equivalent combination of education and experience. A bachelor's degree is preferred. At least five years progressively responsible administrative office management. Must be well organized, have excellent time management and organizational skills, good judgment to set priorities and complete assigned tasks, work independently with minimal supervision, and must be able to deal with matters in a tactful and highly confidential manner. Advanced Microsoft Office skills: excellent Word, Excel, and PowerPoint skills on a PC platform with high accuracy and speed. Excellent interpersonal skills required, including a pleasant telephone manner. Successful completion of an employment and/or criminal history background check required.
For detailed information, please scroll to the bottom of the page to download the Job Description.
The University offers an excellent TOTAL REWARDS package!
Medical & Rx Coverage Untitled Healthcare (HSA& FSA Available)
Dental Sun Life Dental
Vision Sun Life Vision Plan
Short Term Disability (STD) Insurance
Long Term Disability (LTD) Insurance
Life & Accidental Death & Dismemberment (AD&D) Insurance
Employee Assistance Program (EAP)
Annual Leave & Paid Sick Leave
Retirement Plan (TIAA) Employee 5%/Employer Match 7%
Services & Discounts
HOW TO APPLY
Interested applicants should submit an online application at; https://stedwards.applicantpro.com. For full consideration, please submit all application materials:
- A current resume or CV;
- A cover letter addressing the candidate's interest in and qualifications for the position;
- A statement on the candidate's ideas, contributions, and goals for advancing Diversity, Equity, and Inclusion while serving in this position; and
- The contact information for three professional references.
EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER:
St. Edward's University, as an equal opportunity/affirmative action employer, complies with all applicable federal and state laws regarding nondiscrimination and affirmative action. The University is committed to a policy of equal opportunity for all persons and does not discriminate on the basis of race, color, national origin, age, marital status, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, disability, religion, or veteran status in employment, educational programs and activities, and admissions.
ABOUT ST. EDWARD'S UNIVERSITY
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,000 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning, and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at; https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
OTHER ITEMS TO KNOW
We are not offering sponsorship at this time.
A criminal history background check is required for finalist(s) under consideration for this position.
About St. Edward's University
Founded in 1885 by the Congregation of Holy Cross, St. Edward's University is a private, Catholic liberal arts institution of more than 4,600 diverse students located in Austin, Texas. St. Edward's emphasizes critical thinking and ethical practices, as well as small classes, personalized learning and exciting internship opportunities. The community atmosphere extends to the approximately 800 faculty and staff who work together to make the university a welcoming yet challenging environment for students. An overview of St. Edward's University employee benefits is available at https://www.stedwards.edu/human-resources/benefits-summary
About Austin, Texas
Consistently ranked as one of the "top metropolitan areas to live in," by numerous independent media outlets, Austin attracts approximately 50 new residents a day and has been one of the nation's fasting growing cities. St. Edward's is in the heart of this thriving, entrepreneurial and cosmopolitan city, providing students, faculty and staff with opportunities to live, learn and grow in an environment that offers a wealth of resources and opportunities. In fact, Austin is home to 17 companies on the Inc. 5000 list and boasts 1.7 times the national average of startups. Additionally, as one of the world's great technology centers, Austin, sometimes referred to as "Silicon Hills," is home to technology heavyweights like Dell, National Instruments and Silicon Labs.
For more on the City of Austin's offerings, visit The Austin Convention & Visitors Bureau webpage.
How to Apply
Interested applicants should submit an online application at https://stedwards.applicantpro.com Please include resume, cover letter, and three employment references. No Calls Please.
St. Edward's University is an equal opportunity employer. We encourage women and minorities to apply to our vacancies and hire only U.S. Citizens and documented workers. We do not offer sponsorship at this time.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency