Program Coordinator, Student Activities
Program Coordinator, Student Activities
Job ID: 225703
Location: Kennesaw, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
A leader in innovative teaching and learning, Kennesaw State University is one of the 50 largest public institutions in the country. KSU offers more than 150 undergraduate, graduate and doctoral degrees to its more than 41,000 students. With 11 colleges on two metro Atlanta campuses, Kennesaw State is a member of the University System of Georgia and the second-largest university in the state. The university's vibrant campus culture, diverse population, strong global ties, entrepreneurial spirit, and Division I athletics draw students from throughout the region and from 92 countries across the globe. Ranked a top choice for students by U.S. News, Kennesaw State is a Carnegie-designated doctoral research institution (R2), placing it among an elite group of only 6 percent of U.S. colleges and universities with an R1 or R2 status.
Our Kennesaw campus is located at 1000 Chastain Road NW, Kennesaw, GA 30144. Our Marietta campus is located at 1100 South Marietta Parkway, Marietta, GA 30060.
Responsible for planning, developing, implementing, and promoting 200+ co-curricular programs, activities, and events that provide a welcoming campus environment and support a diverse student population. Serves as the primary point of contact for program development, planning, and implementation including operational affairs. Provides direction, support, leadership, and guidance for Campus Student Activity Boards and other student organizations to foster learning, personal growth, community building, social development, and leadership development.
1. Provide professional and programmatic oversight, guidance, and support for the Campus Activity Board and other student organizations
2. Serve as contributor to the Director, Student Activities, with department's strategic plan, assessment, and the development/ implementation of programs, workshops, and activities that strengthen student development, leadership, teamwork, communication, and problem-solving skills
3. Create and maintain collaborative relationships with Student Affairs and other university departments, including Residence Life, Campus Services, Event Management, and Academic Affairs, to ensure the success of university-wide, student programming initiatives
4. Lead the development, implementation, coordination, and evaluation of the day-to-day operations of Campus Student Activity Boards responsible for large-scale, campus wide events and programs
5. Oversee budgets for the department and Campus Student Activity Boards, including budget development and management, forecasting, and submitting annual budgets to SABAC
6. Develop strategies and work collaboratively with divisional staff to ensure effective marketing and promotion of student activities, events, and programs, including flyers, emails, and social media
7. Recruit, train, and supervise student assistants, campus student board members, and student volunteers
8. Advise student groups on university policies and procedures, use of facilities, catering, organizational leadership development, budget development, program planning and implementation, and event planning
9. Represent the department on the planning committee for university-wide programming initiatives (e.g. Week of Welcome, Homecoming, Pumpkin Launch, etc.), including collaborating with campus partners and external vendors
10. Develop and implement workshops supporting student leaders' development in communication, teambuilding, and leadership
11. Coordinate use of the Owl Life student engagement software to create and publicize student events and programs, track student participation, and ensure compliance with divisional and university guidelines
12. Oversee the registration and notification process for student organizations at the university and serve as a liaison to students, university departments, and external contacts as it relates to assigned student activities and co-curricular events
13. Responsible for developing assessment tools for departmental events and student leadership development outcomes, analyze program data activity and create evaluation summaries
MINIMUM EDUCATION REQUIRED:
Bachelor's degree from an accredited institution of higher education
MINIMUM EXPERIENCE REQUIRED:
One (1) year of related experience, including graduate assistantships
Additional Preferred Qualifications
Demonstrated experience with and knowledge of student development theories and frameworks
Preferred Educational Qualifications
Master's Degree in Student Affairs Administration, Higher Education, Public Administration, or related field
Experience with student activities, planning campus events, or advising students in a higher education setting
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
Equal Employment Opportunity
Kennesaw State University is an Equal Employment Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. It is the policy of Kennesaw State University to recruit, hire, train, promote and educate persons without regard to age, color, disability, ethnicity, gender, national origin race religion, sexual orientation, or status as a protected Veteran. Kennesaw State University is a participant in the Employment Eligibility Verification Program (E-Verify) effective October 15, 2007. Participant ID: 61415
This is not a supervisory position.
This position does not have any financial responsibilities.
No, this position will not be required to drive.
This role is not considered a position of trust.
This position does not require a purchasing card (P-Card).
This position will not travel
This position does not require security clearance.
Standard Enhanced + Education
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=43000&JobOpeningId=225703&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency