Assistant Coach, Womens Basketball
Assistant Coach, Womens Basketball
POSITION CODE: 4884
DEPARTMENT: Physical Education & Athletics
APPOINTMENT: Full-time, Administrative, Ten (10) months
STARTING SALARY RANGE: Commensurate with experience and education
INTRODUCTORY PERIOD: Twelve (12) months
POSTING DATE: April 7, 2021
APPLICATION DEADLINE: Open until filled
DESCRIPTION: Under the supervision of the Head Coach, the Assistant Basketball Coach is responsible for furthering the mission of the University, the Department of Physical Education and Athletics, and the Bulldog Women's Basketball programs. The Assistant Basketball Coach must comply with all University, National Collegiate Athletic Association (NCAA), and Southern California Intercollegiate Athletic Conference (SCIAC) rules and policies. The Assistant Coach will serve the Head Coach and the Basketball program as a recruiter as well as on-court instruction, as assigned, assist the Head Coach in the planning, administering, and evaluating of various aspects of the operations of the Basketball program.
The duties and responsibilities include, but are not limited to:
- Serve as a recruiter for the Women's Basketball program
- Identify, evaluate and recruit qualified prospective student-athletes
- Maintain effective communication with prospective student-athletes and Admissions Office
- Arrange and conduct on and off-campus visits with prospective student-athletes
- Assisting with on-floor coaching, training, and skill development
- Plan, execute and maintain all aspects of the program's social media sites (i.e. Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, etc.)
- Scouting of opponents and preparation of scouting reports for head coach and team members
- Run and co-ordinate elite camps and high school tournaments on campus
- Teach physical education activity courses in accordance with the assigned load during the academic year
- Accept a collateral assignment (i.e., assist with game management, admin responsibilities, student-athlete education etc.) within the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Function as an active team member of the Department of Intercollegiate Athletics
- Performs other duties and special projects as assigned or directed
MINIMUM QUALIFICATIONS: The successful candidate must possess a Bachelor's degree and have a minimum of three (3) years of basketball coaching experience, and possess the ability to attract outstanding students to the University; and have a clear understanding of the NCAA Division III philosophy and the role of physical education, recreational sports, and athletics in a private, liberal arts academic setting. A valid driver's license is required. A current DMV printout demonstrating a good driving record must be presented after offering of employment. Must be able to competently interact with a culturally and ethnically diverse population of students, faculty, and staff.
In compliance with The Americans with Disabilities Act if selected for the interview process and accommodations are needed please call 909/748-8040.
FOR MORE INFORMATION, CALL 909-748-8040 OR VISIT
SUBMISSION OF A RESUME OR APPLICATION INDICATES AGREEMENT THAT THE UNIVERSITY MAY VERIFY ANY AND ALL INFORMATION CONTAINED THEREIN.
MEMBERS OF UNDERREPRESENTED GROUPS ARE ENCOURAGED TO APPLY.
AN EQUAL OPPORTUNITY EMPLOYER
To apply, visit https://recruiting2.ultipro.com/UNI1089UOR/JobBoard/6af23b67-9dd3-4a6a-bda1-676b92a4fcb4/OpportunityDetail?opportunityId=d93e7fcf-d0e3-43ec-b3ed-e53c49b11a88
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency