Assistant Director of International Student Admissions & Programs
Assistant Director of International Student Admissions & Programs
Job ID: 225340
Location: Statesboro, Georgia
Full/Part Time: Full-Time
Join Our Team at Georgia Southern!
Georgia Southern is a dynamic university with three vibrant campuses in Hinesville, Savannah and Statesboro serving the communities in Southeast Georgia. As a Carnegie Doctoral/R2 institution, our world-class scholars instruct about 26,000 students in associate's, bachelor's, master's and doctoral level degree programs. Whether you are seeking the charm of a small town, the traditions of a historical/urban destination near the beach or supporting our military service members and their families, Georgia Southern offers its faculty and staff the best of all worlds!
Beyond an ideal location, there is a place for you to work in an exciting environment abounding with opportunities for personal and professional growth. We are steeped in tradition and devoted to academic distinction in teaching, scholarship and service. In 2018 Forbes Magazine listed Georgia Southern, along with 10 other Georgia companies or institutions, as one of America's Best Midsize Employers. Georgia Southern University is passionate about serving our region while preparing our students to be lifelong scholars, leaders, and responsible stewards of their communities and the world.
0717100 - Office of International Student Admissions & Programs
The Assistant Director provides leadership to the Office of International Student Admissions and Programs (ISAP) as the Primary Designated School Official (PDSO) for Georgia Southern, ensuring Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) compliance. Based on the Statesboro campus, the Assistant Director guides in the analysis, interpretation and implementation of state and federal policies related to F-1 international students, supervising International Student Advisors on the Statesboro and Savannah campuses. This position also serves as the primary department liaison to the College of Graduate Studies, international graduate student prospects and newly admitted graduate students.
- Perform related duties as assigned to support the mission of the University
- Plans, develops and conducts programs and workshops to support international student success.
- Serves as the liaison for international graduate prospects and newly admitted graduate students and for issues related to health insurance and taxes for all international students.
- Serves as a primary international student advocate/resource on for the Statesboro and Savannah campuses.
- Maintain the university's compliance with visa regulations. Serves as the senior F-1 compliance officer as the Primary Designated School Official (PDSO), while maintaining University SEVIS compliance
- Leads in the development, implementation, and assessment of efficient daily office immigration-related processes, procedures, and policies.
- Oversees data management of the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and implements internal technology improvements to maximize efficiency and service.
- Supervises International Student Advisors on the Statesboro and Savannah campuses and provides office-wide leadership.
- Oversees the I-20 process, communication, and support services for newly admitted international students.
- Works within the Student and Exchange Visitor Information System (SEVIS) and Terra Dotta Software.
- Advises students and university departments, presents options, and recommends solutions related to immigration status.
- Monitors compliance with federal regulations and institutional policies to support student success - providing reports as needed, including the annual IIE Open Doors report.
- Bachelor's degree
- Three or more years of related work experience
- One or more years of experience as DSO
Additional Preferred Qualifications
- Familiarity with F-1 federal immigration regulations
- Intercultural communication and presentation skills
Preferred Educational Qualifications
- Master's degree
- Three or more years of experience as DSO or PDSO
- Supervisory experience
- International student recruitment or related work experience
- Experience creating and implementing programs for international students
- Experience with Banner and Terra Dotta software
$44,400 - $48,500
Required Documents to Attach
- Please provide three (3) professional references in the Required Documents to Attach section of your application.
Knowledge, Skills, & Abilities
- Consistently exhibit engaging customer service
- Navigate web access and email with or without reasonable accommodation
- Proven proficiency with computers including Microsoft Office, Google, and/or applications as required for specific position
- Ability to maintain confidentiality and secure sensitive information
- Ability to work independently, prioritize and manage competing tasks timely and successfully with and without direct supervision
- Strong analytical and problem-solving abilities
- Adhere to University policies and procedures to meet Institutional goals and support University's mission for student success
- Strong knowledge of applicable federal and state regulation, policy, and procedures
- Demonstrate commitment to inclusiveness by working well with diverse populations
- Use effective communication and human relations skills
- Demonstrate appropriate organizational skills as required for specific position
Apply Before Date
May 3, 2021
For more information or questions about a job posting, please contact the Department of Human Resources by phone at (912) 478-6947 or by email at [email protected].
For technical support, please call the Shared Services Center at (877) 251-2644 or [email protected].
Conditions of Employment
- Georgia Southern University is a Tobacco and Smoke-Free Community.
- Successful completion of background investigation and legal authorization to work in the US prior to employment
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation
Offers of employment are contingent upon completion of background investigation including a criminal background check demonstrating your eligibility for employment with Georgia Southern University, as determined by Georgia Southern University in its sole discretion, confirmation of the credentials and employment history reflected in your application materials and, if applicable, a satisfactory credit check. Applicants may be subject to a pre-employment drug test.
Offers are made expressly subject to the applicable federal and state laws, to the statutes, rules and regulations of this institution and to the Bylaws and Policies of the Board of Regents (BOR) of the University System of Georgia (USG), which are available for your inspection upon request.
Must be legally authorized to work in the United States for the duration of employment without assistance from the University
Equal Employment Opportunity
Georgia Southern University provides equal opportunities to all employees and applicant for employment without regard to race, color, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, national origin, religion, age, veteran status, political affiliation, or disability. Individuals in need of reasonable accommodations under the America with Disabilities Act to participate in the search process should notify Human Resources: (912) 478-6947.
- Must be able to perform duties and responsibilities with or without reasonable accommodation.
- Work generally performed in office environment
- Workweek may occasionally extend beyond 40 hours
- Serve food and stage office events
- Periodic travel may be required
Standard and Education
Believing that diversity, equity, and inclusion contribute to excellence in the workplace and to the quality of the University's academic environment, Georgia Southern University is committed to recruiting and retaining diverse faculty and staff to support, promote, and serve a diverse student body and promote Inclusive Excellence. Candidates from historically underrepresented groups, whose work furthers the institution's Inclusive Excellence goals, and who bring to campus varied life experiences, perspectives and backgrounds are especially encouraged to apply.
To apply, visit https://careers.hprod.onehcm.usg.edu/psp/careers/CAREERS/HRMS/c/HRS_HRAM_FL.HRS_CG_SEARCH_FL.GBL?Page=HRS_APP_JBPST_FL&Action=U&FOCUS=Applicant&SiteId=39000&JobOpeningId=225340&PostingSeq=1
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency