$38,237.00 - $47,027.00 Annually
Reedley College, CA
RC Administrative Services
4/23/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Under direct supervision, performs minor maintenance and repair to lighting, furniture, fixtures and facili­ties; performs furniture moves and event setup and cleanup; cleans, sanitizes and maintains buildings including classrooms, restrooms, offices and related facilities; maintains floors and carpets; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
• Sets up and tears down classrooms, rooms, facilities and outdoor spaces for special events, meet­ings and regular classroom usage; moves furniture and equipment.
• Performs basic plumbing, painting and electrical work; makes repairs to furniture as necessary.
• Picks up and delivers custodial-related materials.
• Cleans, sanitizes and restocks restrooms; repairs dispensers and other fixtures.
• Maintains floors and carpets including stripping, waxing and polishing floors and shampooing carpets.
• Provides a variety of general maintenance to campus facilities; power washes sidewalks and other hardscapes as needed to maintain clean, safe and orderly conditions; empties trash cans and assists with recycling program.
• Maintains and replenishes inventories of cleaning and maintenance supplies and equipment; repairs, maintains and requests replacement of equipment as needed.
• Makes oral and written reports for work performed; completes and submits work orders and time­sheets on a timely basis; attends meetings; participates in safety training.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
• Operates a forklift, boom lift and scissor lift when needed to accomplish assigned tasks.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Repair methods, standards, materials and equipment involved in the main­tenance of buildings and facilities, including basic plumbing, basic carpentry and minor electrical and preventative mainten­ance.
• Operation of hand and power tools and equipment common to several semi-skilled maintenance and repair trades.
• Department cleaning methods and standards.
• The operation and maintenance of a variety of hand and power tools and equipment.
• Proper mixing and diluting of cleansers, disinfectants and cleaning agents.
• Basic English.
• Basic computer operations.
• Safety policies and safe work practices applicable to the work.
Skills and Abilities to:
• Complete maintenance assignments independently without immediate supervision.
• Operate and maintain tools and equipment used in maintenance work.
• Prepare and maintain basic records accurately.
• Effectively engage and support historically minoritized groups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• Operate a computer and use standard business software.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and one year of custodial experience that included minor building and equipment maintenance; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program in some assignments.
The following certifications are required within the stated time periods following hire or appointment to the position:
Forklift certification – within three months.
Aerial lift certification – within six months.
Golf cart training or certification is desirable.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to sit; talk or hear, in person and by telephone; use hands repetitively to finger, handle, feel or operate standard office equipment; and reach with hands and arms.The employee is frequently required to climb or balance and stoop, kneel, crouch or crawl. The employee is frequently required to lift up to 50 pounds unaided or 100 pounds with assistance.
Specific vision abilities required by this job include close vision and the ability to adjust focus.
While performing the duties of this class, the incumbent is regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; analyze and solve problems; use basic math and mathematical reasoning; work under deadlines with interruptions; and interact with others encountered in the course of work including District managers, employees, contractors, vendors and dissatisfied/abusive individuals.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
The employee works primarily in an indoor environment with limited exposure to inclement weather during travel to and from assigned work areas; works while wearing personal protection equipment; is exposed to fumes from commercial cleaning products and noise from vacuums and other cleaning equip­ment; is occa­sional exposed to toxic or caustic chemicals and biological hazards and frequently exposed to loud or prolonged noise from equipment. The employee works around students on a regular basis.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information and answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.
The assessment process will include an online competency assessment (pass/fail) and a performance assessment (pass/fail). Passing score is 75% out of 100% on each assessment. Candidates who attain a passing score on each part of the assessment will be placed on the districtwide eligibility list within ranks 1-3 based on their scores.
INITIAL TESTING TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR MAY 7, 2021.
The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
Candidates who attain a passing score on each part of the assessment will be placed on a district wide Open-Competitive List within ranks 1-3. Using the same process, a separate Promotional List will be established and both Lists will be used concurrently. Unless otherwise indicated, the eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies for at least six months. The current vacancy is at Reedley College
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
State Center Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency