$41,357.00 - $50,863.00 Annually
Reedley College, CA
RC Administrative Services
4/14/2021 11:59 PM Pacific
Under general supervision, performs a variety of duties and clerical work in the storage, retrieval, distri­bution and destruction of college files and other records; processes and delivers mail, case files, parcels and supplies; oversees shipping and receiving; performs warehousing tasks for office supplies and equipment; oversees the sale and disposal of surplus property; assists with the moving and relocation of staff and furniture; maintains facilities in a safe and secure condition; and performs related duties as assigned.
Essential Duties & Responsibilities
The duties listed below are intended only as illustrations of the various types of work that may be performed. The omission of specific statements of duties does not exclude them from the position if the work is similar, related or a logical assignment to this class.
• Places supplies, materials and storage items on shelves in the warehouse and storage yard; replenishes warehouse stock and maintains inventory in accordance with established policies and procedures; forecasts future needs for critical stock inventory items to ensure uninterrupted supply; ensures proper maintenance, organization, cleanliness, safety and security of the warehouse and storage yard.
• Receives deliveries and performs visual and physical inspections of supplies and equipment for quality, quantity and correctness; may assist in unloading delivery trucks; checks and verifies delivery items received against packing slips and purchase orders; returns defective materials and equipment; refuses receipt of incorrect or damaged items; traces recipients of unknown deliveries and trouble­shoots to resolve various delivery problems.
• Carries and moves mail, inventory and file storage boxes using a high reach boom lift, scissor lift, ladders and hand trucks to perform file and warehousing activities.
• Packs and loads mail, inventory and file storage boxes for transport from District locations to the warehouse; acts as the District's courier transporting files, mail and furniture among all District locations or throughout departments in a college.
• Forecasts future space needs and archives or marks items as surplus following established rules and guidelines; oversees the sale, recycling or destruction of files and surplus inventory.
• Operates mail-processing equipment including letter folding, envelope stuffing and sealing, and postage meter machines; reloads postage; tracks and bills postage used to originating department.
• Receives, sorts and delivers mail, inter-departmental correspondence, packages, office supplies, equipment or other materials and delivers to designated locations.
• Assists with semi-skilled maintenance and repair projects including moving and loading furniture using trucks, hand trucks and flatbeds; cleans, repairs and maintains lighting fixtures and systems, equipment, appliances and fixtures; assists with other building trades.
• Prepares and coordinates a variety of logs, work reports and records.
• Demonstrates sensitivity to and understanding of historically minoritized groups and participates in professional development activities to increase cultural competency to enhance equity-minded practices within the District.
• Responds to radio calls directing a maintenance response.
• May provide day-to-day lead work direction and training to student aides; monitors work for complete­ness, accuracy and conformance with District, department and legal/regulatory requirements and standards; provides information, instruction and training on work procedures and safety regulations.
• Performs related duties as assigned.
Employment Standards / Minimum Qualifications
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES
• Safe and proper methods of handling, loading, securing and unloading of files, mail, furniture, supplies and equipment.
• Modern inventory control practices and generally accepted warehousing procedures.
• Proper operation of warehousing equipment such as dollies, hand trucks, pallet jacks, etc.
• Postal classifications.
• Safe driving practices and techniques.
• Standard office practices and procedures, including recordkeeping and filing.
• Customer service practices and telephone etiquette.
• Board policies and administrative regulations regarding records management, computer hardware, software and data security.
• Safety hazards and necessary safety precautions/policies sufficient to establish a safe work environ­ment for self and others.
• Use and operations of computers and the District's maintenance software applications.
• District organization, functions, rules, policies and procedures applicable to assigned areas of responsibility.
Skills and Abilities to:
• Conduct physical inventories and maintain a file inventory tracking system.
• Perform heavy manual tasks for extended periods.
• Coordinate considerable amounts of general mail and interoffice communications and meet strict time schedules.
• Properly and safely operate equipment used to move and store files, mail, furniture and inventory.
• Operate assigned vehicles safely and follow safe work practices and procedures.
• Use and care for hand and power tools in order to maintain good working condition for various jobs.
• Operate a computer and use standard business software with a high degree of accuracy and efficiency.
• Maintain confidentiality of District documents and records.
• Prepare and maintain basic records accurately.
• Effectively engage and support historicallyminoritizedgroups by addressing issues of equity and improving culturally responsive service-oriented practices.
• Communicate effectively, both orally and in writing.
• Understand and follow written and oral instructions.
• Assign, monitor and review the work of any assigned staff.
• Establish and maintain effective working relationships with all those encountered in the course of work.
EDUCATION AND EXPERIENCE
Graduation from high school or GED equivalent and one year of work experience in warehouse, logistics or storekeeping, which preferably included postal handling and delivery; or an equivalent combination of training and experience.
LICENSES, CERTIFICATES AND OTHER REQUIREMENTS
A valid California driver's license and the ability to maintain insurability under the District's vehicle insurance program.
PHYSICAL AND MENTAL DEMANDS
The physical and mental demands described here are representative of those that must be met by employees to successfully perform the essential functions of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While performing the duties of this class, employees perform heavy physical labor with constant standing and walking for extended periods; walk over rough or uneven surfaces; push, pull, lift and carry heavy objects weighing up to 75 pounds; bend, stoop and kneel; regularly and repetitively use upper extremities; use manual dexterity to safely operate motorized equipment and vehicles; operate an electrical cart; travel to various locations on and off District campuses as needed to conduct District business.
While performing the duties of this class, employees are regularly required to use written and oral communication skills; read and interpret data, information and documents; analyze and solve basic problems; use basic math and mathematical reasoning; observe and interpret situations; learn and apply new information or new skills; work under deadlines with interruptions; and interact with District staff, other organizations and the public.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential duties of this class. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Employees work in indoor and outdoor environments in all weather conditions including rain and extreme heat; are exposed to work on slippery or uneven surfaces; work while wearing personal protection equip­ment including respirators, protective gloves and footwear, face shields, goggles, spray suits and rain suits. Employees are subject to exposure to the sun for extended periods, to dust, dirt, oil and grease, diesel fuel, smoke and pollen, hazardous materials such as pesticides, solvents and other toxic chemicals and fumes, extreme noise and fumes/exhaust from equipment. Employees work with or around danger­ous equipment and machinery with moving parts.
The employee may be required to travel to locations other than assigned work site and to adjust to work schedule changes and requirements to work overtime.
To move forward in the selection process, you must complete an online application through our web site at http://www.schooljobs.com/careers/scccd. Please attach to your application a copy of your degree or transcripts (including when degree was awarded) or your application may be considered incomplete. Resumes may also be uploaded but cannot be used in lieu of a completed application.
ONCE YOU HAVE SUBMITTED YOUR APPLICATION YOU WILL NOT BE ABLE TO MAKE REVISIONS TO YOUR APPLICATION MATERIALS.
When completing the application, please make sure you include ALL current and previous employment in the Work Experience section of the application and complete ALL fields, including the name and contact information for your supervisors. Experience that is included in the resume but not in the Work Experience section of the application may not be considered for the purpose of determining whether you meet the minimum qualifications.
All required documents must be submitted by the applicant. Personnel Commission staff will not upload your documents for you. The State Center Community College District does not accept letters of recommendation for classified positions. Please do not attempt to attach letters of recommendation to your application.
APPLICATION REVIEW AND ASSESSMENTS
The application review process includes an evaluation of training and experience based on given application information answers to supplemental questionnaire. Only the most qualified applicants, who pass the minimum qualifications review, will be invited to the assessment process.
The assessment process will also include a competency assessment (45% weight) and a performance assessment (55% weight). Of those achieving a passing score on the competency assessment, only the 15highest scoring candidates, plus ties, will be invited to the oral interview assessment. Passing score is 75% out of 100% on each examination section.
TESTING TENTATIVELY SCHEDULED FOR APRIL 30, 2021
The assessment process / assessment date is subject to change as needs dictate. All communication regarding this process will be delivered via email to the address listed on your application.
Candidates who attain a passing score on each part of the assessment will be placed in rank order on district wide Open-Competitive List. Using the same process, a separate Promotional List will be established and both Lists will be used concurrently. The eligibility list will be used to fill current vacancies in this classification for at least six months. The current vacancy is at Reedley College
PASSING THE ASSESSMENTS AND BEING PLACED ON THE ELIGIBILITY LIST DO NOT GUARANTEE AN OFFER OF EMPLOYMENT.
Individuals with disabilities requiring reasonable accommodation in the selection process must inform the State Center Community College District Personnel Commission Department in writing no later than the filing date stated on the announcement. Those applicants needing such accommodations should document this request including an explanation as to the type and extent of accommodation needed to participate in the selection process.
State Center Community College District is an Equal Opportunity Employer. It is the policy of State Center Community College District to provide all persons with equal employment and educational opportunities without regard to race, ethnicity, national origin, gender, age, disability, medical condition, marital status, religion or similar factors as defined by law. We are a Title V employer.
To Apply, visit:
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency