San Joaquin Delta Community College District
Job Number: 2100001M
NOTE: Please review your application and documents for completeness BEFORE submitting your application. Once your application is submitted, revisions or additions after submission will NOT be considered.
To perform a variety of technical duties in the purchase of supplies, equipment, materials and services for the District including reviewing and prioritizing requisitions, obtaining price quotes, selecting vendors, awarding purchase orders and maintaining physical inventories; and to perform a variety of technical tasks relative to assigned area of responsibility. SUPERVISION RECEIVED AND EXERCISED Receives general direction from an assigned supervisor. May oversee the work of student employees.
- Perform a variety of technical duties in the purchase of supplies, equipment, materials and services for the District including reviewing and prioritizing requisitions, obtaining price quotes, selecting vendors, awarding purchase orders and maintaining physical inventories.
- Identify and select appropriate vendors or service providers for District; evaluate price, quality and availability.
- Maintain contact with selected vendors; coordinate demonstrations of new vendor materials, products and services.
- Provide credit applications and obtain Workers Compensation, liability insurance, licenses, indemnification forms, and applicable documentation from vendors.
- Obtain and review quotes to determine the most economical buying practices; place orders and ensure that purchasing activities adhere to all District rules and regulations.
- Review and process purchase requisitions ensuring accuracy and compliance with applicable requirements; determine buying method, confirming sole source validity while maintaining compliance with applicable District purchasing procedures and standards.
- Assist in the preparation and development of contractual documents, public works contracts, formal bids, requests for quotations or proposals; contact vendors and service providers; develop and maintain mailing lists and catalog library.
- Maintain contact with various District departments and staff; ensure that items or special needs requested are accurately identified and ordered.
- Assist accounting staff to resolve invoice discrepancies.
- Maintain and audit a physical asset inventory including accurately identifying purchased items, tracking items previously inventoried and surplusing capital outlay and miscellaneous items no longer needed.
- Maintain a variety of computerized records and files related to the District's purchasing functions; create and maintain vendor files.
- Train and oversee the work of student workers employees.
- Interpret and communicate purchasing policies and procedures to user of the financial system.
- Research and resolve discrepancies for quotations to finalize orders as requested.
- Serve as a liaison between the District and suppliers to resolve discrepancies such as late, incorrect, damaged shipments; outstanding orders, back orders; verify receipt of materials.
- Reconciles surplus action receipts and invoices.
- Maintain the unit's website, as requested.
- Perform related duties and responsibilities as required.
- Principles, practices, methods and techniques of professional buying.
- Methods and practices used in competitive bidding.
- Basic mathematical principles.
- Basic principles and practices of accounting.
- Basic principles and practices of financial record keeping.
- Types and sources of materials, supplies, equipment and services commonly used in the district.
- Standard office procedures and equipment including procedures.
- Applicable laws, regulations, policies, and procedures governing the procurement process (e.g.; Public Contracts, Government and Education Codes, Title 5, GASB Requirements).
- Participate in a variety of purchasing activities.
- Interpret and explain purchasing policies and procedures.
- Maintain accurate purchasing and accounting records.
- Select appropriate vendors and service providers to meet District needs.
- Utilize purchasing and accounting software.
- Communicate clearly and concisely, both orally and in writing.
- Establish and maintain effective working relationships.
- Sensitivity to and understanding of the diverse academic, socioeconomic, cultural, linguistic, ethnic backgrounds and disabilities of community college students and staff.
- Sit for prolonged periods of time; extensive use of a computer keyboard.
Completion of the twelfth grade or the equivalent with specialized training in purchasing, business administration, accounting or a related field.
Experience: Two (2) years of responsible purchasing or buying experience. Additional Information
- Minimum Salary: US Dollar (USD) 4,116
- Maximum Salary : US Dollar (USD) 5,059
- External Closing Date: Apr 21, 2021
- External Opening Date: Apr 7, 2021
Location: Stockton, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: https://deltacollege.referrals.selectminds.com
The San Joaquin Delta Community College District provides access to its education programs and activities and makes all employment decisions without regard to national origin, religion, age, sex, gender, gender identity, gender expression, race or ethnicity, color, medical condition, genetic information, ancestry, sexual orientation, marital status, physical or mental disability, pregnancy, military and veteran status, or any other legally protected category. The District’s prohibition against sex and gender discrimination includes sexual harassment and sexual violence.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency