Partnerships and Engagement Coordinator
Partnerships and Engagement Coordinator
Job Number: 88598
The Partnerships and Engagement Coordinator will provide administrative and project support for the Corporate partnerships and engagement team in the Stanford Institute for Human-Centered Artificial Intelligence (HAI). You will report to the Managing Director and manage the day-to-day operations for our corporate partnerships and engagement team.
You will have demonstrated experience in administration. You will also have a proven track record of successful program management including communications, meeting coordination, and budget administration.
As part of an incipient organization, a motivated individual will have the opportunity to make substantial contributions in other functional areas related to building the initiative, offering a substantive career development opportunity in a challenging and entrepreneurial environment.
- Act on behalf of the supervisor, department manager, or chair in regards to establishing priorities and identifying and resolving problems that are administrative in nature.
- Oversee and/or perform duties associated with scheduling, organizing, and operating complex conferences, seminars, and events, including arranging with vendors for services, overseeing the production and distribution of materials, administering logistics, and managing events within budget.
- Compose and draft documents and correspondence for presentations, course handouts, grants, conferences, seminars, and reports; perform substantial editing and fact checking. Create, maintain, modify, and/or ensure accuracy of content in various unit documents, displays, reports, brochures, social media, and/or websites.
- Plan and schedule calendar(s) with limited consultation, resolve calendaring conflicts, and arrange travel in compliance with unit, university, and sponsor policies.
- Create complex reports and spreadsheets which may utilize specialized software and systems.
- Oversee and/or process a variety of complex financial transactions; produce, monitor, and reconcile budget statements; research, identify, and resolve discrepancies. May assist with capital or special equipment requests and/or vendor selection.
- Coordinate and monitor routine maintenance services completion. Plan and coordinate office moves and/or minor renovation projects.
- May lead staff or supervise day-to-day work of student and/or temporary workers, including scheduling, assigning, and prioritizing workloads, setting appropriate deadlines, reviewing work for quality and timeliness, and providing performance review input.
* - Other duties may also be assigned, not all unique aspects of the job are covered by this job description.
Education & Experience:
High school diploma and four years of administrative experience, or combination of education and relevant experience.
Knowledge, Skills and Abilities (required):
- Advanced computer skills and demonstrated experience with office software and email applications.
- Demonstrated success in following through and completing projects.
- Excellent organizational skills and attention to detail.
- Strong verbal and written communication skills.
- Excellent customer service and interpersonal skills.
- Ability to prioritize, multi-task, and assign work to others.
- Ability to take initiative and ownership of projects.
- Ability to routinely and independently exercise sound judgment in making decisions.
- Demonstrated experience working with Fortune 500 companies, major investing shops, and/or venture-backed start-ups.
- Demonstrated ability to perform duties with a high level of professionalism, flexibility, discretion, judgment, diplomacy and tact.
- Advanced experience with Outlook and Google Calendar.
- Constantly perform desk-based computer tasks.
- Frequently sitting.
- Occasionally stand/walk, reach/work above shoulders, grasp lightly/fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, use a telephone, sort/file paperwork or parts, lift/carry/push/pull objects that weigh up to 10 pounds.
- Rarely twist/bend/stoop/squat, kneel/crawl.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of the job.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu.
The job duties listed are typical examples of work performed by positions in this job classification and are not designed to contain or be interpreted as a comprehensive inventory of all duties, tasks, and responsibilities. Specific duties and responsibilities may vary depending on department or program needs without changing the general nature and scope of the job or level of responsibility. Employees may also perform other duties as assigned.
Stanford is an equal employment opportunity and affirmative action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, protected veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law. Stanford welcomes applications from all who would bring additional dimensions to the University's research, teaching and clinical missions.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 4103
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: F
- Requisition ID: 88598
Location: Dean of Research, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency