Life Science Technician 1
Life Science Technician 1
Job Number: 89098
The Department of Dermatology, Oro Lab, seeks a Life Science Technician 1 (LST-1) to assist in performing techniques in cell biology and microscopy. In addition the LST-1 would perform cell isolation and culture procedures, immunocytochemistry, tissue cryosectioning and basic molecular biology and biochemistry techniques. The LST-1 would also assist in maintaining adequate stock of lab supplies and ensure proper functioning of equipment.
This position is represented by SEIU Local 2007 and the collective bargaining agreement between the university and SEIU Local 2007 governs the terms and conditions of employment
At least one year of research experience in molecular biology and some experience working with murine animals preferred.
Candidate should possess technical skills and problem-solving abilities generally associated with one year of laboratory experience or one year of college coursework in experimental science. Some basic computer science background (python or R programming) would be helpful.
Experience working with murine animal models desired.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE (REQUIRED):
One year's employment experience in laboratory work or a combination of equivalent education and relevant work experience/training (e.g., one year of college science).
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS AND ABILITIES (REQUIRED):
Work requires the ability to follow detailed instructions and keep accurate records.
CERTIFICATIONS & LICENSES:
- Frequently stand, walk, twist, bend, stoop, squat, grasp lightly, use fine manipulation, grasp forcefully, perform desk-based computer tasks, use telephone, write by hand.
- Ability to stand and move on hard surfaces for up to eight hours.
- Occasionally lift and handle materials up to 10 pounds
- Rarely carry/pull and/or push up to 20 pounds
- Must have correctible vision to perform duties of the job.
- Position may require repetitive motion.
* - Consistent with its obligations under the law, the University will provide reasonable accommodation to any employee with a disability who requires accommodation to perform the essential functions of his or her job.
Work occurs in a research laboratory environment. Depending on research, may work in the vicinity of animals, chemicals, gasses, or hazardous materials. Expected to follow all safety requirements and procedures including wearing appropriate Personal Protective Equipment (PPE) if required.
- Interpersonal Skills: Demonstrates the ability to work well with Stanford colleagues and clients and with external organizations.
- Promote Culture of Safety: Demonstrates commitment to personal responsibility and value for safety; communicates safety concerns; uses and promotes safe behaviors based on training and lessons learned.
- Subject to and expected to comply with all applicable University policies and procedures, including but not limited to the personnel policies and other policies found in the University's Administrative Guide, http://adminguide.stanford.edu and the appropriate collective bargaining agreement at https://cardinalatwork.stanford.edu/hr-processes-policiespolicies/labor-relations-collective-bargaining.
- Schedule: Full-time
- Job Code: 5638
- Employee Status: Regular
- Grade: A18
- Department URL: http://dermatology.stanford.edu
- Requisition ID: 89098
Location: School of Medicine, Stanford, California, United States
To be considered for this position please visit our web site and apply on line at the following link: stanfordcareers.stanford.edu
Stanford is an equal opportunity employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by law.
Copyright ©2017 Jobelephant.com Inc. All rights reserved.
Posted by the FREE value-added recruitment advertising agency